Chief Construction Estimator - Gurnee
Company: Michael Page US
Posted on: March 12, 2023
Gurnee Permanent USD100,000 - USD130,000 per year
- Our client is a $300 million dollar contractor with diverse
- Join one of the most succesful general contractors in
ChicagoAbout Our ClientOur client is a $300 million dollar
contractor located in the northern suburbs of Chicago. They have a
very diverse project portfolio and do work in every space of
vertical construction. Their projects range from anywhere between
$1M-$40M depending on which project division you are working in.
Our client also offers great growth opportunities. Both of the VP's
started off as project engineers and worked their way up in the
company. APPLY TODAY AND HAVE YOUR RESUME CONSIDERED WITHIN 24
- Prepare preliminary budgets, conceptual estimates and detailed
estimates (conceptual, schematic, design development, construction)
including quantity take-offs.
- Review documents and provide input regarding general
conditions, project phasing and site logistics.
- Create subcontractor/material supplier bid lists. Solicit
subcontractor input when necessary.
- Prepare bid packages, obtain bids from subcontractors and
material vendors, and analyze bids from subcontractors and material
- Participate in preconstruction presentations with the Owner
(i.e., Design Development estimates or Guaranteed Maximum Price
("GMP") booklets, etc.).
- Collaborate with Architects, Engineers, Consultants to
identify, track and implement value engineering opportunities to
proactively guide the design to optimize cost.
- Have a working knowledge of material unit costs, systems square
foot costs and total building square foot costs.
- Research, compile and maintain historical data base for use in
future preliminary budgets and pricing
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based
on an individual's status in any group or class protected by
applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications
from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all
other qualified applicants.The Successful Applicant
- Over ten (10) years, experience with preconstruction and
- Civil and Structural experience in preconstruction and
estimating strongly preferred.
- Preferred four (4) year degree in architecture, construction or
- Strong knowledge of MS Office to include Outlook, Excel &
- Knowledge of estimating, scheduling and quantity take-off
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
requiredWhat's on Offer
- They offer terrific benefits and unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive compensation package, including a base salary
between $115,000-$125,000 depending on experience
- Full health insurance package
- Project based bonus program
- Company laptop and cellphone provided
- PTO and paid holidays,
- 401k match, and profit sharing plan
- Maternity and Paternity leave
- Work from home ability
- Regular company events - both team bonding and charitable
- An incredible culture, and a collaborative, helpful team
- Opportunity for quick advancement internally
- Unique opportunity to help grow a division of an established
- Opportunity to get fully involved in the progressive plan this
company has undertakenWe will let you know when any new
construction jobs in gurnee are available.
Keywords: Michael Page US, Waukegan , Chief Construction Estimator - Gurnee, Professions , Gurnee, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...