Senior Manager, Information Technology - USABlueBook
Company: HD Supply
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Company Overview USABlueBook is the recognized source of products
and technical support for professional water and wastewater
operators. As the company founded by utility operators, for utility
operators. It is our goal to remain the industry's top technical
and customer service leader. USABlueBook ( www.usabluebook.com ) is
a division of HD Supply. More About USABlueBook USABlueBook was
founded in 1991 when a certified operator, realizing there was no
single-source supplier to meet all of this product needs, decided
to start a company that would do just that. It was his dedication
to providing exceptional service and support to water and
wastewater operators everywhere that made USABlueBook what it is
today. As we continue to expand, our main goal stays the same - to
make sure that all of our customers "Get the Best Treatment!"Job
SummaryManage a large team or a group of small teams that develop,
implement and support new/existing software applications and
hardware platforms. Work with user groups to ensure operational
stability and that applications meet the practical needs of the
company. Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key
- Builds relationship with key user and operations groups to
identify and resolve business issues.
- Manages and provides technical and business direction that
affects capacity planning, new applications, data security and LAN
- Manages and tracks the progress of multiple development
projects to include administration, work plans, resource planning
and control, status reports, and budgeting. Conduct regular project
- Resolves information services problems by analyzing issues,
discerning the most appropriate course of action, providing
tactical direction and reallocating resources as necessary.
- Conducts financial analyses to support strategic planning on
system purchases, upgrades and reclamation. Negotiates favorable
prices with vendors.
- Communicates status of activities with the team, peers,
management and end-users.
- Selects, develops and motivates assigned staff.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on
professional methods, business principles, and practical
experience. May recommend/make decisions regarding new
programs/initiatives that have significant impact to the business
and carry consequences in unsuccessful endeavors.
- Manages a larger team or multiple small teams through direction
of subordinate management and/or supervisory staff.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally
7+ years of experience in a related field. May require
certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some
Keywords: HD Supply, Waukegan , Senior Manager, Information Technology - USABlueBook, Professions , Waukegan, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!