Life Consultant - $3,000 Sign-on Bonus
Company: Aspire Chicago
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Location: Lake County Full time Position Summary: In partnership
with adults with intellectual and other developmental disabilities,
their family and friends, Aspire team members and other members of
the Community, facilitate life plans and ensure all aspects of each
individual's plans are implemented, coordinated, and monitored to
meet quality expectations and regulatory requirements. Communicate
and work closely with each person's team in order to have seamless
service delivery that results in positive outcomes for the person
and the highest level of proactive customer service. Position
Responsibilities: The following represents the primary position
responsibilities, but other related duties necessary to meet the
needs of the organization may be assigned. Facilitates the
- Writes and develops the Implementation Strategies and outcomes
according to the Personal Plan.
- Monitors individual status/progress, goal tracking and other
reporting forms pertaining to the person to ensure proper data
- Instructs and monitors Direct Support Professionals (DSP) in
the Implementation Strategy with Team Leader.
- Monitors implementation of Person Centered Plan by:
- Visiting the individuals where they live, work, and/or learn on
a regular basis (including 1 on 1 monthly meetings min. 1 hr and
weekly home visits)
- Educating and communicating the service plan vision to team
members to ensure methodologies, goals, and data tracking are
implemented according to the Plan
- Serves as the key communication point of contact with families,
natural supports, and other stakeholders to ensure optimal service
coordination and customer experience.
- Ensure regular communication with families and other
stakeholders (minimum monthly) and facilitate understanding and
transmission of information between families/stakeholders and team
- Serve as the main liaison to participants' other/external
- Coordinate meetings as needed or requested to ensure services
promote optimal outcomes. Advocacy and service coordination
- Advocate for each individual to ensure each is treated with
dignity and respect, given the opportunity to exercise their
individuality, rights, and has access to explore opportunities of
- Complete/monitor/disburse moneys from participants' bank
accounts, maintaining appropriate financial records and
distributing quarterly statements to guardians. Ensure all
documentation is completed and forwarded on for financial
- Ensure compliance with waiver, benefits and entitlements
- Links the person with community agencies/services as
recommended or requested.
- Assure compliance with each person's safety, health and
wellness, and human rights.
- Respond to behavioral, medical, or other crisis
- Communicate regularly with Team Leader, Health Advocate and
DSPs of all programs to provide services and support to each person
in accordance with each Person Centered Plan, including Behavior
Enrichment and Health/Wellness.
- Monitors medical care with Health Care Advocate team to ensure
required updates/ approvals are provided to guardians and family.
Assure all medical information including, but not limited to,
hospital stays, medical appointments, dietary changes, medication
regimen and medical conditions are communicated with the person's
team and guardian. Complete documentation, support, and training to
promote optimal service quality.
- Maintain the integrity and compliance of the participant's
paper and electronic file. Ensure each participant's file is up to
date and organized at all times and in accordance to DHS, agency
and other accreditation standards.
- Complete all required documentation and assignments accurately
- Provide input and engage in opportunities for committees or
- Provide on-call coverage as scheduled or as assigned.
- Provide coverage of open caseloads as needed
- Make recommendations and assist with changes in the development
and delivery of new and/or existing policies, procedures, services,
etc., to optimize quality ,
- Remain current with trends in the field of
intellectual/developmental disabilities through professional
- Conduct training for team members as needed to develop a better
understanding of participants' goals, interventions, and/or
- Conduct training and/or develop new activities in social and
interpersonal skills for participants as needed.
- Maintains Authorized DSP/QIDP/ status within Agency.
- Complete all required trainings including but not limited to
AMTS/MANDT, CPR/FA, Clinical Trainings, Rule 50 Abuse Neglect
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor. Reporting to
this Position: None Aspire offers hybrid work arrangements to allow
for work to be performed onsite and remote. Requirements:
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor degree in human services related field
- 1 year experience working with persons with disabilities
- QIDP Illinois state certified or eligible
- Valid Driver's License with good driving record Required
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to
write reports and routine business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from families, employees, and the general public.
- Working knowledge of PC operations and software.
- Some knowledge of the methods and practices of sound records
management; ability to prepare and maintain records.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional documents, technical procedures, and
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with employees at all
levels, families, and the general public.
- Ability to maintain pleasant working relationships with all
- Ability to interact positively with individuals who are
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize
work. Leadership Competencies:
- Achieves Results: Consistently achieving results, even under
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that
apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new & better ways for the
organization to be successful.
- Makes Quality Decisions: Making good & timely decisions that
keep the organization moving forward.
- Tackles the Tough Issues: Stepping up to address difficult
issues, saying what needs to be said. Physical Factors:
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is
regularly required to bend or stoop, walk and climb stairs, reach
with hands and arms, push, pull, talk, hear, and observe.
- Able to assist people in moving from one position to another
including transferring from sitting to standing, repositioning,
transferring from one surface to another, or climbing stairs.
- Duties are performed primarily in residential home, office,
classroom, and community settings. Work areas are restricted to
non-smoking. Full Time Benefits (regularly scheduled to work at
least 37 1/2 hours per week)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Benefit Time (Vacation, Sick, Personal)
- 13 Holidays
- 403(B) Retirement Savings Plan with matching contribution
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Voluntary Insurances available Aspire was founded in 1960 and
is recognized as a leader in providing bold, pioneering, and
uncompromising services to adults with developmental disabilities,
their families and the community. In 2019, we joined forces with
NorthPointe Resources to be one of the most recognized and
respected disability service providers across the Chicago
metropolitan area, Lake County (Illinois), and southeastern
Wisconsin areas Voted as one of the 101 Best and Brightest
Companies to work for in Chicago. Together, We're Better! Aspire is
an equal employment opportunity employer and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local law. PM22 PI187658504
Keywords: Aspire Chicago, Waukegan , Life Consultant - $3,000 Sign-on Bonus, Professions , Waukegan, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!