Divisional Sourcing Manager
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: March 24, 2020
- Are you an experienced Sourcing/Procurement professional
looking for a new GROWTH opportunity in Northern Illinois?
- Are you experienced in E-procurement in the packaging and
If you are looking for a great opportunity with a growing company,
take a look and apply to our Divisional Sourcing Manager role!
Position title: Divisional Sourcing Manager
Schedule: Flexible -Days -Monday-Friday (8-5 or 7-4)
Salary range: $75,000 - $95,000
Minimum relocation package: Sign on bonus (Information provided
Opening reason: Growth
Location: Waukegan, IL
# of employees: 500
- Bachelor's degree; Business Administration, Packaging Science,
Project Management, highly preferred.
- Training in Procurement, Sourcing, E Procurement, and on-line
catalog management a plus.
- An internship experience as a packaging or chemical buyer also
considered as a plus.
- 60-65% chemical background and 30-35% procurement
- Must have strong procurement, purchasing, buying and supply
chain management (Literally a jack of all trades)
- Experience in domestic and international supply chain
- Supporting the blend and filling division (Chemical and
- BA degree is required
- Experience in chemical sourcing
- Knowledge of personal care chemicals
- Need someone with solid experience, no job hopping
- Lean & supply processes
- Strong computer skills working in ERP systems and MS Office
Experience (years and topics):
- Minimum - 3 years' experience as a buyer for packaging and/or
chemicals for a CPG or contract packaging company. Basic technical
knowledge of packaging materials and chemicals.
- Experience with negotiating with suppliers to leverage volume,
terms, and conditions to the benefit of the company you worked
- General understanding of sourcing practices/processes, category
management, and how to post RFQ and RFPs for major materials,
goods, and services. Experience with PPV tracking and reporting of
- Basic understanding of Packaging Specifications, SOPs, GMP, and
packaging quality requirements.
- Familiar with MSDS sheets, Chemical specifications, and
Chemical Supply chain practices.
- Awareness of Supplier qualification requirements, line trails,
CofAs, and packaging testing (ISTA) requirements for CPG Companies,
Retailers, and Dot Com Customers.
- Experience with e procurement software, reverse and forward
auctions, SAP and/or Ariba procurement software, ERP system support
- vendor set up. Able to load systems with supplier pricing and
setting of material standards for each fiscal year.
- Experience with Packaging Specification software including
CAPE, Artios CAD, Solidworks, ESKO or similar packaging
- Advanced PC skills: Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Project, also Adobe Illustrator, digital photography, and file
management. Capable of doing complex Excel spreadsheets with spend
- Excellent writing and verbal skills. Proficient with packaging
and chemical technical terminology.
- Great interpersonal communication skills, team player, cross
- Good reporting skills, timely, and thorough. Has financial
acumen to support meaningful reporting.
- Needs to have excellence in the quality of work with accuracy
in all aspects of communication.
- Able to communicate packaging and chemical needs and
requirements for Visual Pak Companies through the sharing of
specifications, instructions, and methods of supply. Can clearly
articulate supply chain needs and quality requirements to suppliers
to have them understand our company needs.
- Strength (lifting, dexterity, repetitive motion): Able to lift
- Movement (standing, stopping, sitting, crouching, and
crawling): Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Hearing (loud noise tolerance, quiet work area, public
speaking, receive work direction):
- Vision (judge distance, read signs, extended computer work,
- Travel: Minimal-local (Mostly plant to plant)
- Vehicle: (own)
- Tools (own and Company provided):
- Technology (Company provided)
Position Detailed Responsibilities-Tasks-Deliverables
All duties as assigned and the following specific activities.
(enlarge space as needed)
- Works with all buyers and planners to build out category
strategies in each of the Packaging and Chemical spend product
- Able to dissect spend data by product grouping and then follow
a formal process to bid out all items in a given category following
a step by step RFQ/RFP work flow that will deliver meaningful
results with reducing the cost of goods while elevating supplier
performance in quality and on time deliveries.
- Troubleshoots new and existing packaging and chemical
issues/problems that are a result of poor supplier performance and
get poorly performing suppliers back on track or exit them from the
list of suppliers that Visual Pak uses.
- Capable of rationalizing the community of VP suppliers,
eliminate really small suppliers, and aggressively grow our
relationships with our "preferred suppliers" leveraging our volume,
asking for new payment terms, and driving a variety of rebate
- Works with manufacturing and operations to insure that
packaging and chemical materials are designs are optimized for
manufacturability, and packaging machinery operations in all
- Has a good working knowledge of Bills of Materials (BOMs),
assembly instructions, and pallet diagrams (CAPE) that are used
with final product specifications for the production floor.
- Establish standards and guidelines for supplier evaluation.
Requests quotes, provides specifications, and then collaborates
with others to select packaging suppliers/vendors; periodically
conducts vendor reviews.
- Formalizes a process for preparing to post RFQs as contracts
and agreements with suppliers come to an end and then searches the
market place for new suppliers to bid on business with incumbent
suppliers to move to a new agreement of contract.
- Works closely with packaging material and packaging equipment
suppliers, engineers, project management leads, internal
operations, and the planning and purchasing team members in pursuit
of lowering cost and driving continuous improvement.
- Develops comprehensive test plans for suppliers when needed to
qualify materials to ensure that packaging meets or exceeds
customer specifications and that start up goes smoothly in VP
- Capable of handling multiple projects at one time and manage
priorities based on business needs, goals, and customer
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Delivers and completes targeted RFPs and RFQs in accordance
with the product group Category Strategy. Completes a minimum of 10
RFQs in packaging and five RFQs in Chemicals each calendar year.
Reduces costs by 5% minimum for each category upon completion of
the awarding of business. All recommendations on awarding of
business must be approved to the Sourcing Committee.
- Develops annual cost reduction targets and set annual goals for
sourcing. Sets up formal quarterly plans for category review and
then tracks project work and all related results of each
- Reports monthly on progress to quarterly and annual goals.
- Works to move more of VP spend under formal agreements or
contracts. Reports monthly on all agreements or contracts
completed. Have a goal of increasing spend under agreement or
contract by a minimum of 10%.
- Health, Vision, and dental packages
- Paid Vacation, personal, and holiday pay
- 401K-4% employer match, education reimbursement, and HSA.
- Life, short, and long term disability coverage.
- Minimal relocation package (Spot Bonus)
Michelle Barnard, Senior Recruiter
To schedule an interview, please click on the following link:
https://calendly.com/micb481/30minWhy Kelly--?Youre looking to keep
your career moving onward and upward, and were here to help you do
just that. At Kelly-- Finance & Accounting, our experts will
connect you with great opportunities at premier companies where you
can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and
experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where
you want to go in in your career. It all adds up.About Kelly--At
Kelly, were always thinking about whats next and advising job
seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In
fact, were a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional
workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and
tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work
and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we
do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of
workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a
diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities,
females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual
orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The
Keywords: Kelly Services, Waukegan , Divisional Sourcing Manager, Professions , Waukegan, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!