Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Kelly Engineering Resources has a multiple outstanding first shift
contract to hire opportunities for a Quality Inspector. These
positions are open due to the company moving operations from Itasca
to Waukegan. These roles are with an electronics manufacturer
located in Waukegan, IL
4 positions for Inspectors
1 position for a QA Tech with FAI report writing
Job Scope of the Quality Inspector: This role will be responsible
for inspecting & documenting wire and cable harness assemblies.
Hours: 6:30- 3:00PM with overtime
Transportation to Itasca from Waukegan is provided.
Essential Responsibilities of Quality Inspector
- Perform incoming, in process or final inspection of a wide
variety of wire harness components, assembly kits and completed
- Work from blueprints, wire/cable diagrams or schematics from
CAD files or other complex drawings, special instructions such as
sequence sheets and purchase orders, customer orders and codes,
inspection plans, and instructions.
- Visual inspection for specified surface quality characteristics
and missing components
- Dimensional inspection using dial calipers, dial indicators,
height gauges, plug gauges, micrometers, rulers, optical
comparators, CMM, etc. to ensure close tolerances and other
dimensional parameters are met.
- Use a wide variety of precision measuring instruments and hand
- Plan inspection methods and procedures
- Work with other floor inspectors, assemblers, QA Engineers and
supervisors as requested to help resolve discrepancy problems.
Qualifications of the Successful Quality Inspector
- Minimum 1-2+ years' experience with dimensional inspection from
blueprint is required.
- Proficient using micrometers, calipers, pin gages, and a
variety of other metrology or hand tools is required
- Proficient with MS Office is required (email, Excel data entry,
Word for reports)
- Experience with cable or wire harnesses or
electronics/electrical assemblies a plus
- Any aerospace, AS 9100 or AS 9102 experience is a plus
- Knowledge or understanding of Certificates of Conformance,
Material Certifications is a plus
- Modification of control plans is a plus
- Writing up FAI report is a plus and will put you at a
Why Kelly--?Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to
cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading
organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted
Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since
1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an
unmatched reputation for quality, integrity, and professionalism.
Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on
short-term project engagements or prefer contract-to-hire or
direct-hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore
opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.About
Kelly--At Kelly, were always thinking about whats next and advising
job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential.
In fact, were a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional
workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and
tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work
and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we
do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of
workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a
diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities,
females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual
orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The
Keywords: Kelly Services, Waukegan , Qualty Inspector, Other , Waukegan, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!