LRWC Program Lead RSS Supervisor
Company: The Independence Center
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Description:Living Room Wellness Center Program Lead RSS
SupervisorPosition: Living Room Wellness Center Program Lead RSS
SupervisorDepartment/Status: Living Room Wellness Center
/ClinicalSupervision: Living Room Wellness Center Program
Coordinator Education: Bachelor's degree in the Human Service Field
and Five Years of Mental Health ExperienceSummary:This is a
full-time position. This position requires clinical/managerial
supervision of the Independence Center's Living Room Wellness
Center. Availability by cell phone and good written and verbal
communication skills are required. This position requires knowledge
of social work and psychological theories. Individuals in this
position must understand all pertinent legislation and policies,
including but not limited to the Mental Health Act, Abuse and
Neglect, the Confidentiality Act, and all other relevant
regulations. Persons in this position must have specific knowledge
in the areas of needs and risk assessment, the impact of trauma,
psychosocial functioning theories, motivational interviewing, and
person-centered service models. This individual has a working
knowledge of crisis assessment and crisis intervention.Individuals
must be able to respond and assist in emergencies and have good
interpersonal, mediation, negotiation, and conflict-resolution
skills. They must have well-developed organizational, verbal, and
written communication and computer skills. A professional demeanor
and strong phone skills are paramount. This individual must be
flexible, adaptable, and able to work effectively in various
settings and cross-cultural situations and be knowledgeable of the
services available in the community. They must demonstrate sound
judgment in dealing with safety issues and aggressive members. The
individual must have an understanding of crisis management and the
ability to deal with life-threatening situations, including the
prevention of suicide. Due to the requirement of travel within the
community with members, a valid driver's license is required.
- Demonstrate professionalism and a positive attitude in all
dealings with members, staff, and other agencies. Display
dependability, initiative, and enthusiasm; use tact and sensitivity
in communicating effectively and respectfully with members, other
staff, and other agencies. The individual must learn, understand,
and practice Independence Center protocols, policies, language, and
- A professional demeanor and strong communication skills are
essential; this includes verbal, written, telephone, email, text,
social media, and other means of communication. This position
requires working autonomously and as part of a team. The individual
must be intrinsically motivated, flexible to shift priorities, and
adaptive to changing work requirements; this includes arriving to
work on time, following leave request protocols, and adhering to an
established work schedule.
- The employee must demonstrate the ability to function in a
computer-oriented office, including working knowledge of all
relevant software. It is expected to maintain and improve job
skills through training, education, seminars, and other activities
designed to promote best practices about job duties. Some
flexibility in schedule may be required to meet deadlines,
including extended work.
- The position is responsible for providing the following
- Serve as the Program Supervisor in the Living Room Wellness
center to ensure that the daily tasks assigned to Recovery
Specialists in the LRWC are completed satisfactorily. These tasks
include crisis assessments, crisis referrals, wellness plans,
documentation/data collection, customer service
- Responsible for the data collection and tabulation of data at
the LRWC. Compiles and prepares associated reports.
- Responsible for arranging staff coverage in the LRWC and
providing coverage in the event staff are absent, and alternative
staff coverage cannot be arranged on all shifts.
- Assist in supervising program staff by providing required
information to Living Room Wellness Center Coordinator regarding
staff work performance. This includes staff training, competency
assessments, and corrective action reports.
- Ensuring the Health and Safety Policies and Protocols of
Independence Center are adhered to. This would include assisting
Health and Safety Officer with completing emergency drills.
- Learn and understand Independence Center protocols, language,
- Function in a technology-oriented office, including working
knowledge of center software applications, phones, internet,
computer security, and troubleshooting.
- Training and supervising staff in the use of technology,
including Paylocity, Incident Tracker, CIS, 1 Password, Relias, and
other software applications.
- Under the direction of the Program Coordinator, monitor and
approve staff scheduling. Ensure staff timecards are complete and
correct. Assist the Program Coordinator in completing and
correcting timecards for submission to the Administrative
Coordinator within established protocols. Manage staff Time and
Labor requirements, including (clocking in and out, Time off
requests, holidays, and scheduling)
- This position requires working autonomously and as part of a
team. The Living Room Wellness Center Program Supervisor must be
intrinsically motivated, flexible to shifts in priorities, and
adaptive to changing work requirements. Some after-hours work may
- Ensure that the program functions optimally while meeting our
members' crisis intervention and referral needs; this includes but
is not limited to the standards and documentation requirements
established by funding sources and credentialing authorities.
- Demonstrates appropriate professionalism and a positive
attitude using tact and sensitivity in communicating effectively
and respectfully with guests, other staff, and agencies.
- A professional demeanor using a person-centered approach and
competent communication skills (written, verbal, electronic) are
- Ensuring goals are met in customer satisfaction, safety,
quality, and team member performance.
- The Program Supervisor is responsible for providing leadership
and overseeing the program's daily operations.
- Participate in program development.
- Execute the agency's strategic plan and communicate the program
- Assist the Program Coordinator with the recruitment/hiring,
coaching, and development of all staff.
- Participate and or guide the LRWC program employees, ensuring
necessary follow-through with recommendations.
- Job training, career development, and advancement
- Regularly assess the appropriate level of care and
engagement/management of guests. Implement transition/discharge
plans as needed.
- Adjust employee schedules and allocate resources to ensure
clinical time is scheduled to meet direct service requirements and
maintain the program budget.
- Provide adequate supervision and coaching to all assigned
employees. Assist in training new employees to provide quality
services to guests.
- Ensure continued education and training for employees to
strengthen the services provided.
- Recommend modifications in service structure or operations that
affect the program. Develop plans to improve program
- Maintain documentation regulating bodies and organization
standards. Documentation needs to be complete and correct. This
includes ensuring all documents are completed, reviewed, and signed
off within established timeframes.
- Interact and collaborate with other programs within the
organization and interface with various external partners.
Participate in meetings, committees, and work groups as
- Implement and maintain safety procedures for all employees
located onsite. Monitor the operations and maintenance of the site
with assistance from the Program Coordinator.
- Provide direct service to guests and their families as needed.
Function as the Senior Clinician for the LWRC team when there are
crises or other needs that the teams cannot cover.
- Oversee the safe transition of LRWC guests into the
- Carry out tasks requested by the supervisor in a timely,
accurate manner. Includes but is not limited to preparing quarterly
and annual reports, documentation required by agency policies such
as personnel documentation (timecards, leave requests, benefit
forms, etc.), and transportation reports (pre/post trip
- Establishes and maintains a productive working relationship
with the supervisor. Receives clinical/managerial supervision every
week. Performs tasks requested by the supervisor in a timely
manner. Discusses goals and program needs and seeks help in problem
resolution when needed.
- Attend in-house and external training programs as available and
requested by the supervisor.
- Open and/or lock up facility as assigned following Independence
- Participates in the fundraising activities of the Center as
outlined by the Executive Director.
- Coordinate and provide linkage and referrals to other community
supports and services. Advocate on behalf of members and make
recommendations as needed. Intervene and advocate with collateral
sources, agencies, bureaucracies, facilities, and families on
- Maintain confidentiality of member records and
- Act as a positive role model demonstrating proper working
habits and interpersonal skills.
- Provide transportation to members of the Independence Center
following all transportation policies and protocols.
- Other duties as required.Physical Demands:There are
considerable physical demands associated with this position. The
employee will have to spend long hours sitting, using office
equipment and computers, which can cause muscle strain. The
position may also have to do some light lifting of supplies and
materials occasionally.Lifting: Occasionally Kneeling: Occasionally
Climbing: Occasionally Driving: FrequentlyCarrying: Occasionally
Reaching: RarelyPushing: Rarely Grasping: Rarely Bending:
Occasionally Fine Hand/Eye Coordination: FrequentlySquatting:
Occasionally Typing: ContinuouslyWork Environment: In-Doors 85% -
Out Doors 15%Requirements:A Bachelor's in a human service field
from an accredited institution is required or equivalent
experience.CADC preferred Must be self-motivated, organized, and
comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.A collaborative,
solution-focused team player must help facilitate safe patient
outcomes and contribute to institutional goals.Previous clinical
work experience in a health care, residential, or acute care
setting is preferred.Valid driver's license and proof of
Keywords: The Independence Center, Waukegan , LRWC Program Lead RSS Supervisor, Other , Waukegan, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...