LRWC Program Lead RSS Supervisor
Company: The Independence Center
Posted on: May 21, 2023
Description: Living Room Wellness Center Program Lead RSS
Position: Living Room Wellness Center Program Lead RSS
Department/Status: Living Room Wellness Center /Clinical
Supervision: Living Room Wellness Center Program Coordinator
Education: Bachelor's degree in the Human Service Field and Five
Years of Mental Health Experience
This is a full-time position. This position requires
clinical/managerial supervision of the Independence Center's Living
Room Wellness Center. Availability by cell phone and good written
and verbal communication skills are required.
This position requires knowledge of social work and psychological
theories. Individuals in this position must understand all
pertinent legislation and policies, including but not limited to
the Mental Health Act, Abuse and Neglect, the Confidentiality Act,
and all other relevant regulations. Persons in this position must
have specific knowledge in the areas of needs and risk assessment,
the impact of trauma, psychosocial functioning theories,
motivational interviewing, and person-centered service models. This
individual has a working knowledge of crisis assessment and crisis
Individuals must be able to respond and assist in emergencies and
have good interpersonal, mediation, negotiation, and
conflict-resolution skills. They must have well-developed
organizational, verbal, and written communication and computer
skills. A professional demeanor and strong phone skills are
paramount. This individual must be flexible, adaptable, and able to
work effectively in various settings and cross-cultural situations
and be knowledgeable of the services available in the community.
They must demonstrate sound judgment in dealing with safety issues
and aggressive members. The individual must have an understanding
of crisis management and the ability to deal with life-threatening
situations, including the prevention of suicide. Due to the
requirement of travel within the community with members, a valid
driver's license is required.
- Demonstrate professionalism and a positive attitude in all
dealings with members, staff, and other agencies. Display
dependability, initiative, and enthusiasm; use tact and sensitivity
in communicating effectively and respectfully with members, other
staff, and other agencies. The individual must learn, understand,
and practice Independence Center protocols, policies, language, and
- A professional demeanor and strong communication skills are
essential; this includes verbal, written, telephone, email, text,
social media, and other means of communication. This position
requires working autonomously and as part of a team. The individual
must be intrinsically motivated, flexible to shift priorities, and
adaptive to changing work requirements; this includes arriving to
work on time, following leave request protocols, and adhering to an
established work schedule.
- The employee must demonstrate the ability to function in a
computer-oriented office, including working knowledge of all
relevant software. It is expected to maintain and improve job
skills through training, education, seminars, and other activities
designed to promote best practices about job duties. Some
flexibility in schedule may be required to meet deadlines,
including extended work.
- The position is responsible for providing the following
- Serve as the Program Supervisor in the Living Room Wellness
center to ensure that the daily tasks assigned to Recovery
Specialists in the LRWC are completed satisfactorily. These tasks
include crisis assessments, crisis referrals, wellness plans,
documentation/data collection, customer service
- Responsible for the data collection and tabulation of data at
the LRWC. Compiles and prepares associated reports.
- Responsible for arranging staff coverage in the LRWC and
providing coverage in the event staff are absent, and alternative
staff coverage cannot be arranged on all shifts.
- Assist in supervising program staff by providing required
information to Living Room Wellness Center Coordinator regarding
staff work performance. This includes staff training, competency
assessments, and corrective action reports.
- Ensuring the Health and Safety Policies and Protocols of
Independence Center are adhered to. This would include assisting
Health and Safety Officer with completing emergency drills.
- Learn and understand Independence Center protocols, language,
- Function in a technology-oriented office, including working
knowledge of center software applications, phones, internet,
computer security, and troubleshooting.
- Training and supervising staff in the use of technology,
including Paylocity, Incident Tracker, CIS, 1 Password, Relias, and
other software applications.
- Under the direction of the Program Coordinator, monitor and
approve staff scheduling. Ensure staff timecards are complete and
correct. Assist the Program Coordinator in completing and
correcting timecards for submission to the Administrative
Coordinator within established protocols. Manage staff Time and
Labor requirements, including (clocking in and out, Time off
requests, holidays, and scheduling)
- This position requires working autonomously and as part of a
team. The Living Room Wellness Center Program Supervisor must be
intrinsically motivated, flexible to shifts in priorities, and
adaptive to changing work requirements. Some after-hours work may
- Ensure that the program functions optimally while meeting our
members' crisis intervention and referral needs; this includes but
is not limited to the standards and documentation requirements
established by funding sources and credentialing authorities.
- Demonstrates appropriate professionalism and a positive
attitude using tact and sensitivity in communicating effectively
and respectfully with guests, other staff, and agencies.
- A professional demeanor using a person-centered approach and
competent communication skills (written, verbal, electronic) are
- Ensuring goals are met in customer satisfaction, safety,
quality, and team member performance.
- The Program Supervisor is responsible for providing leadership
and overseeing the program's daily operations.
- Participate in program development.
- Execute the agency's strategic plan and communicate the program
- Assist the Program Coordinator with the recruitment/hiring,
coaching, and development of all staff.
- Participate and or guide the LRWC program employees, ensuring
necessary follow-through with recommendations.
- Job training, career development, and advancement
- Regularly assess the appropriate level of care and
engagement/management of guests. Implement transition/discharge
plans as needed.
- Adjust employee schedules and allocate resources to ensure
clinical time is scheduled to meet direct service requirements and
maintain the program budget.
- Provide adequate supervision and coaching to all assigned
employees. Assist in training new employees to provide quality
services to guests.
- Ensure continued education and training for employees to
strengthen the services provided.
- Recommend modifications in service structure or operations that
affect the program. Develop plans to improve program
- Maintain documentation regulating bodies and organization
standards. Documentation needs to be complete and correct. This
includes ensuring all documents are completed, reviewed, and signed
off within established timeframes.
- Interact and collaborate with other programs within the
organization and interface with various external partners.
Participate in meetings, committees, and work groups as
- Implement and maintain safety procedures for all employees
located onsite. Monitor the operations and maintenance of the site
with assistance from the Program Coordinator.
- Provide direct service to guests and their families as needed.
Function as the Senior Clinician for the LWRC team when there are
crises or other needs that the teams cannot cover.
- Oversee the safe transition of LRWC guests into the
- Carry out tasks requested by the supervisor in a timely,
accurate manner. Includes but is not limited to preparing quarterly
and annual reports, documentation required by agency policies such
as personnel documentation (timecards, leave requests, benefit
forms, etc.), and transportation reports (pre/post trip
- Establishes and maintains a productive working relationship
with the supervisor. Receives clinical/managerial supervision every
week. Performs tasks requested by the supervisor in a timely
manner. Discusses goals and program needs and seeks help in problem
resolution when needed.
- Attend in-house and external training programs as available and
requested by the supervisor.
- Open and/or lock up facility as assigned following Independence
- Participates in the fundraising activities of the Center as
outlined by the Executive Director.
- Coordinate and provide linkage and referrals to other community
supports and services. Advocate on behalf of members and make
recommendations as needed. Intervene and advocate with collateral
sources, agencies, bureaucracies, facilities, and families on
- Maintain confidentiality of member records and
- Act as a positive role model demonstrating proper working
habits and interpersonal skills. . click apply for full job
Keywords: The Independence Center, Waukegan , LRWC Program Lead RSS Supervisor, Other , Waukegan, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...