Head, Workforce and Capacity Optimization
Company: Biolife Plasma Services
Posted on: May 21, 2023
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge. Job Description About BioLife Plasma
Services Every day at BioLife, we feel good knowing that what we do
helps improve the lives of patients with rare diseases. While you
focus on our donors, we'll support you. We offer a purpose you can
believe in, a team you can count on, opportunities for career
growth, and a comprehensive benefits program, all in a fast-paced,
friendly environment.T his position is currently classified as
"hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy
based in our Bannockburn, IL location (HQ). BioLife Plasma Services
is a subsidiary of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd.
- Develop and execute strategies, processes, tools and technology
that enable volume growth and cost improvement through optimized
collection capacity and workforce management.
- Lead workforce optimization program, including direct labor
budgeting and forecasting, workforce planning, scheduling,
reporting and analytics.
- Ensure productivity and cost improvements through application
of Industrial Engineering and process improvement tools and
- Provide insightful labor analytics and models that inform
business decisions and strategies at BioLife and across PDT.
- Responsible for Workforce Optimization strategy, budgeting and
forecasting of direct labor spend across 200+ plasma centers,
hiring and staffing planning, scheduling and development of labor
management tools and software solutions.
- Develop, implement, and maintain software solutions and tools
for workforce management, specifically supporting labor standards,
forecasting, budgeting, scheduling and reporting.
- Lead productivity and labor cost improvements through data
analysis, modeling, simulation and application of Industrial
Engineering principles and practices. Support development of
business cases for Transformation initiatives.
- Identify and deploy best practices and improved processes that
enable labor optimization, including development and application of
engineered labor standards.
- Identify key metrics for WFM and enhanced reporting. Develop
solutions (dashboards, data visualizations, reports) that enable
real-time operations performance assessment, actionable insights
and agile decision-making.
- Own capacity and utilization modeling and planning, including
development of methodology and tools for forecasting and
- Partner with data scientists, IT and consultants to develop
advanced analytical models and dashboards for operations
- Manage and develop workforce optimization team DIMENSIONS AND
ASPECTS Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in labor measurement,
cost improvement, forecasting and budgeting
- Ability to interpret and analyze performance and financial
- Experience developing cost/benefit analyses and business
- Perform or lead complex data analysis to create insights and
solutions that improve or optimize processes. Leadership
- Translate ideas into business strategies
- Effectively communicate strategies and influence
- Experience managing operations
- Develop and manage staffDecision-making and Autonomy
- Recommend and propose strategies for workforce
- Forecast and budget direct labor spend across 200+
- Partner with Operations, Finance, Marketing, Business
Excellence, IT, Transformation Management Office and other
- Work with all levels in the business, up to senior
- Manage relationships with vendors and consultantsInnovation
- Develop strategies for enhancement of workforce management
practices and tools
- Research and recommend software solutions for workforce and
- Continuously improve and evolve existing processes and
- Support all aspects of plasma collection business, as well as
understand impact on downstream operations EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS: Essential
- Bachelor's degree in science or technical field, preferably
- Experience leading workforce optimization
- At least 10 years of experience in cost or efficiency
- Ability to interpret financial and performance data
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Strong MS
- Proven data analysis background with ability to transform
analysis into insights, recommendations and proposals for senior
- Proven skills in strategy development. Ability to translate
ideas into business strategies.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills. Ability to build
cross-functional relationships to achieve results.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation
skills. Able to communicate effectively to all levels of the
organization, including senior leadership.
- Typical work environment involves office, meeting room and
plasma collection center settingsDesired
- Experience leaging workforce management in a multi-unit
- Experience with simulation modeling and application of advanced
statistics and operations research techniques
- Experience working with Power BI or other data visualization
- Lean or Six Sigma certification
- Experience in FDA regulated environment ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Domestic travel required (up to 25%)EEO Statement Takeda is
proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and
providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship
status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status,
status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other
protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Locations Bannockburn, IL Worker Type Employee Worker Sub-Type
Regular Time Type Full time
Keywords: Biolife Plasma Services, Waukegan , Head, Workforce and Capacity Optimization, Other , Gurnee, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...