R&D Procure to Pay (PTP) Support Specialist
Company: Alpha Consulting
Posted on: May 20, 2023
R&D PROCURE TO PAY (PTP) SUPPORT SPECIALIST LAKE COUNTY, IL
Hybrid after training. Project Description:
- The R&D Procure to Pay (PTP) Support Specialist aids
scientists and other R&D employees in ensuring materials and
services needed in daily operations are appropriately
- This position partners with multiple teams, including the
R&D Stockrooms, purchasing (PSM), Corporate Disbursement
Operations (CDO), Accounts Payable (AP), Vendor Master team,
Finance, Suppliers, etc. to fulfill approximately 400 600 customer
orders per month.
- This position will track open items, troubleshoot invoice
issues when necessary, and ensure close out through payment to
- Initiate orders in response to customer requests for material
goods or services in company purchasing systems, e.g., SRM or LSI,
including WBS associated orders.
- Partner with purchasing and CDO to resolve issues resulting
- Examples include discrepancies (e.g., pricing, quantity)
between initial requisition, invoices, and purchase order
- Set up new suppliers, or update existing information and data,
for vendors providing goods and services in the vendor management
systems, e.g., LSI, cVend, etc.
- Act as a liaison between the business and suppliers to resolve
order issues including damaged materials, incorrectly shipped
items, returns, etc.
- Update systems, e.g., SRM, ECC, appropriately upon receipt of
goods and services.
- Close out open orders appropriately and initiate payment to
suppliers within expected timeframes, which includes providing
invoice payment issue identification and resolution support for
Stockrooms and R&D Community.
- Track open or outstanding orders.
- Follow up with customers, or suppliers as needed to ensure
appropriate close out process is executed.
- Identify ongoing process improvements in support of accurate
transactions, effective delivery of goods and services, and timely
payment to suppliers. Required Skills:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience or an associate degree
with minimum 1-year relevant experience.
- 2 years' experience working with procurement or payments
systems, preferably SAP.
- Has a good understanding of purchasing and invoice
- Strong customer service skills that support effective problem
solving and issue identification & resolution.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates good analytical and critical thinking skills with
strong attention to detail.
- Must have good working knowledge of Excel and be able to learn
new software/technology quickly.
- Able to complete tasks with limited oversight and manage
competing priorities effectively. This 3+ month position starts
ASAP. Please E-MAIL your resume (attachment to email) with rate and
availability to Kevin: ALPHA'S REQUIREMENT #23-00781 MUST BE
ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S. AS AN HOURLY W2 EMPLOYEE
Keywords: Alpha Consulting, Waukegan , R&D Procure to Pay (PTP) Support Specialist, Other , Waukegan, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...