Recovery Support Specialist Full Time Overnight Shift
Company: The Independence Center
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Description:$18 an Hour Full-Time Health Insurance Shift: 10:00
pm - 6:00 am full-time and part-time positions are available. Must
be an adult who has previously utilized mental health or
substance-use services, is currently in recovery, and is excited to
model recovery for others experiencing similar struggles. Must have
compassion for people who are hurting and a desire to help ease the
suffering of others. Must believe recovery is possible for all
people who experience mental health and substance use challenges,
including knowledge and application of the Recovery Oriented Model
specific to those experiencing a mental health crisis.
- The Employee is expected to adhere to the attendance and break
policy and communicate with your supervisor about anticipated time
off or modifications to break times.
- Ability to complete work-related activities utilizing
technological tools provided (e.g., Buildium, PowerPoint, Excel,
Word, CIS, QuickBooks, Teams, Zoom, RPM, Outlook, Access,
Paylocity, Inspections, Scanner, Avaya Phone, Cell phone/ App,
Calendly, Note pad, Relias, Incident Tracker, and other tools as it
relates to your job responsibilities). Proficiency in the use of
the keyboard, alarm system, garage opener, lights switches, locks,
copier/fax/ scanner and postage machine.
- Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability,
handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under
pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Provide for confidentiality of confidential records and
- Earns the trust and confidence of coworkers and customers
through honest communication, ethical behavior and professionalism
in all interactions.
- Committed to increasing customer satisfaction, sets proper
customer expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer
problems, and ensures customer commitments are met.
- Breaks down problems into smaller components, simplifies and
processes complex issues, can identify and understand the root
- Listens well, diffuses conflict before it starts, finds
solutions to problems in a constructive manner, handles difficult
- Manages a fair workload, volunteers for additional work,
prioritizes tasks, develops reasonable work procedures, manages
time well, and handles information flow.
- Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to
excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality
levels, finds the root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on
- Seeks out and accepts feedback, is a proactive learner, takes
on challenging assignments to improve skills, keeps knowledge and
skills up-to-date, turns mistakes into learning opportunities.
- Contributes to meeting team deadlines and responsibilities,
listen's to others, and values opinions helps the team to meet
goals, welcomes newcomers, and promotes a cooperative team
- The Employee establishes and maintains a productive working
relationship with the supervisor. The Employee receives
clinical/managerial supervision regularly. Discuss goals and
programming needs. Seek help in problem resolution when
- Sets priorities, creates goals and timetables to complete
required tasks or projects. Tracks progress and make necessary
adjustments to efficiently complete work.
- Employee adheres to all applicable laws regarding
confidentiality and privacy.
- Completes internal and external training as requested and
required by the Supervisor, Independence Center, or Licensing/
- Provide transportation as required. Transportation services
must adhere to all of Independence Center's transportation policies
- Communicate and present information on Independence Center and
the services provided in a clear, knowledgeable manner to new
persons visiting Independence Center, including staff members,
community organizations, board members, and other potential
- Collaborates and advocates with collateral sources, agencies,
internal departments, bureaucracies, facilities, and families on
behalf of members, Independence Center and the program/
- Completes necessary reports including, but not limited to, such
as time cards, leave requests, expense requests, credit card
receipts, benefit forms, transportation reports, etc.
- Maintain office equipment and keep supply storage neat and
orderly. Advise management of unsanitary or unsatisfactory
conditions and defective or damaged fixtures or equipment.
- Report any behavior, observations, or actions that indicate a
member may be suicidal, assaultive, or engaging in any behavior
harmful to himself/herself or others through use of the incident
report. Document any incidents, injuries or illnesses.Clinical
- Demonstrates effectual clinical knowledge, interventions and
skills-HIPAA, confidentiality, assessment, ASAM levels of care,
certification, credentialing, person-centered orientation,
evidenced-based practices, IM-CANS, DSM Diagnosis, levels of care,
outreach, rules about mental health, program models (e.g.,
supported housing, supported employment, clubhouse model,
psychosocial rehabilitation, clinical meetings, and retains
supervision guidance. Provide linkage to emergency medical
services, shelter and food.
- Understands duties and responsibilities, possesses and
maintains up to date job knowledge and technical skills, and
Independence Center service interventions. Empower guests to
self-assess and self-advocate.
- The employee handles pressure and crises with control and
composure, following the Independence Center health and safety
Emergency Action Plan and policies.
- Documentation is clear, concise, and accurate. Maintains
clinical documentation in Center's timeframes including IM-CANS,
safety/ wellness plans, consent for treatment, income verification,
applications (social security, housing, community), discharge
plans, authorizations, and progress notes.
- Provides quality direct service to members, including group,
and individual interventions on-site and in the community, as
needed. Coordinates with teams and community providers.
- Consistently maintain levels of direct service as established
by Center guidelines.
- The Recovery Specialist will serve as a role model, mentor,
advocate and motivator to recovering individuals in order to help
prevent relapse and promote long-term recovery.
- Other duties as required as outlined by the supervisor,
Assistant Director, or Executive DirectorRequirements:
- Education: Requires a High School Diploma/ GED. An associate's
degree in Health and Human Services or a comparable program is
preferred. Must be certified as a Certified Recovery Support
Specialist (CRSS) through the Illinois Certification Board or
willing to pursue this certification. If not already a Certified
Recovery Support Specialist, the Recovery Support Specialist must
attend the next available CRSS training, complete the program
requirements and pass the exam.
- Punctuality and reliability are a must.
- All staff is required to attend required in-service training
designated by Independence center as mandatory (compulsory) for the
position held or to provide evidence of subsequently completed
training, or recent equivalent training at a level appropriate to
the post held. PI207900440
Keywords: The Independence Center, Waukegan , Recovery Support Specialist Full Time Overnight Shift, Other , Waukegan, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...