Company: Alden Estates of Barrington
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Alden Estates of Barrington - JOB SUMMARY
- Assist nurse aides with designated resident care specific areas
of eating, drinking and personal hygiene. Receive and carry out
instructions concerning the specific feeding, hydration and/or
personal hygiene care needs of the residents whom he/she will be
assigned to assist.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Has completed at least eight years of grade school or provide
proof of equivalent knowledge.
- Must be able to speak and understand the English language or a
language understood by a substantial percentage of the facility's
- Must be of temperate habits and good moral character, honest,
reliable, and trustworthy.
- Has completed the Health Care Worker Background Check.
- Has completed and shown competency in a department approved
training and competency evaluation program for Resident Attendants
before caring for any residents.
- Meets the following personal care needs of the
- Washing a resident's hands and face
- Brushing and combing a resident's hair
- Oral hygiene
- Shaving residents with electric razor
- Applying makeup
- Meets nutritional needs by passing trays, ice water,
nourishments; uses adaptive equipment; tray monitoring.
- Feeds residents who do not have complicated feeding
- Observes and reports change in condition or behavior.
- Meets safety needs by reporting environmental hazards.
- Observe infection control measures.
- Relates courteously and sensitively to residents, families,
visitors, and staff.
- Responsible for attending assigned in-service
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will
enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the
requirements of this position can be fully met
- Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled,
young, emotionally upset and at times, hostile people.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional
- Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases,
conditions, etc., including exposure to the (HIV) AIDS and
Hepatitis B viruses.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents,
family members, personnel, and support agencies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Keywords: Alden Estates of Barrington, Waukegan , Resident Attendant, Other , Barrington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...