Storage and Backup Engineer
Company: Cynet Systems
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Pay range: $60 - $64
- Administer, maintain, upgrade, troubleshoot, and support large
complex backup technologies with Commvault as the primary
technology with Spectrum Protect, Netbackup as Nice to
- Nice to have Support for multi-platform Storage environment
that includes large fiber channel SAN with multiple directors,
servers, storage frame technologies, as well as enterprise backup
technologies with an emphasis on EMC.
- Perform root cause analysis for major issues and also provide
workarounds to ensure business continuity.
- Identify, analyze and resolve problems specifically in the
Backup and Storage environments in general.
- Change Management: Prepare Implementation plan, rollback plan
and test plan, risk and impact analysis for critical or complex
- Review the change plan and documentation prepared by level 2
engineers or peers.
- Participate in CAB meetings as needed and assist change
- Assist in the creation of processes and procedures required for
- Perform routine, planned, and emergency maintenance (change
planning and implementation) of storage data center
- Identify single-point-of-failure and plan to mitigate the
- Fulfil critical/complex service requests.
- Availability and capacity planning and management: keep a track
of uptime and capacity utilization of Commvault backup and storage
systems and publish reports to management.
- Execute additional tasks given to meet internal IT project
milestones and willingness to put in additional hours whenever
- Ensure all services are delivered as per agreed SLAs/KPIs,
quality and scope.
- Update / close tickets, and update documents (such as handover
documents, root cause analysis, analysis and recommendations to
reports, and post-incident reviews) in a timely manner with high
- Communicate with and log calls with vendors or 3rd parties
where necessary in order to resolve issues related to storage
- Train, and oversee tasks executed by junior members and stand
in for them if needed.
- Suggest, influence and implement improvements in the
environment (such as issue optimization, automation, streamlining
process, etc.), thereby contribute to improvement of overall
operations delivery and client satisfaction.
- Commit to finding and fixing issues proactively and ensure all
commcells are reviewed each day and major issues are highlighted,
helpdesk/vendor tickets opened and actions are taken to
- Present reports in weekly governance/monthly governance
- 8 10 years work experience relevant to enterprise-level backup
platforms in particular CommVault, EMC Storage, Data Domain, and
- Should be a subject matter expert in Commvault, Hyperscale,
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of backup technologies planning,
implementation, and maintenance.
- Perform data gathering for audits and ensure processes are
being followed appropriately.
- Basic understanding of HIPAA, SOX, SOC, and other audit
- Comfortable working with all levels of management and
preparing/delivering presentations over teams/zoom etc...
- Broad and general knowledge of cloud technologies and backup
strategies for cloud.
- Experience with Commvault and or backup and recovery in a cloud
- Good understanding NFS, CIFS, and Fiber Channel
- Very good experience in supporting and managing backup
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting medium to large
scale, multi-site, enterprise storage environments.
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems like windows, Linux and
- Basic experience on Cisco Nexus Series Switches is an added
- Hands-on experience in working on monitoring tools/management
- Relevant certifications preferred with Commvault and or
- Good understanding of operational frameworks like ITIL/ITSM,
and operations process.
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written.
- Willingness to work in shifts and provide on call support in a
- Willing to work a hybrid remote/onsite schedule.
- Nice to have - Experience on EMC (VMAX/PMAX, ISILON) with
Brocade, Cisco support of some kind.
- Nice to have - Experience in troubleshooting and maintaining
SAN infrastructure performance, hardware, and
- Nice to have - experience on Cisco and Brocade series FC
- Nice to have - experience on SAN storage provisioning, LUN
masking and zoning.
- Nice to have - Experience on Storage capacity planning,
performance analysis, monitoring, reporting, etc.
Keywords: Cynet Systems, Waukegan , Storage and Backup Engineer, Other , Waukegan, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...