Lead Receptionist / Receptionist
Company: Alden Estates of Barrington
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Alden Estates of Barrington - JOB SUMMARY:
- Responsible to direct the overall office operations. Directs,
plans, coordinates, and administers the overall operation of the
Medical Records department.
- High school education or equivalent; some college
- Must be knowledgeable of administrative practices, procedures,
- Accurate typing, filing and record keeping skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language in
an understandable manner.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action and to remain calm during
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with residents,
family members, visitors, personnel, government agencies/personnel,
and general public.
- Must possess leadership and supervisor's ability and
willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition, and
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will
enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements
of this position can be fully met.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents,
visitors, personnel, and support agencies.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly,
emotionally upset, and at times hostile people.
- May be required to lift and move equipment and supplies, etc.,
in excess of fifty
- (50) pounds throughout the workday.
- Must have a pleasant speaking voice.
- Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases,
conditions, etc., including exposure to the (HIV) AIDS and
Hepatitis B viruses.
Review the department's policy and procedure manual, Job
Descriptions, cleaning schedules, etc., at least annually for
revisions and make recommendations to the Administrator.
- Follow established departmental policies and procedures,
including appropriate dress code.
- Meet with the receptionist on a regularly scheduled basis to
assist in identifying and correcting problem areas, and/or the
improvement of service.
- Recruit, interview, and select personnel with the approval of
the Administrator (if applicable).
- Schedule department work hours, personnel, work assignments,
etc., to expedite work (if applicable).
- Complete performance evaluations timely (if
- Make daily rounds of reception area to assure that reception
personnel are performing required duties and to assure that
appropriate reception procedures are being followed (if
- Answer the telephone promptly and politely, screen all incoming
calls according to facility policy. Take messages and relay them
promptly to the proper individual.
- Greet and direct all visitors to sign in.
- Type, file, copy materials and maintain all files, records
equipment, and supply items as assigned.
- Prepare reports, assignments and correspondence as needed and
directed by Administrator.
- Receive, sort, direct mail, and fax information.
- Send reports to appropriate agencies as required.
- Maintain cordial relationships with all residents, staff,
public agencies, visitors, and callers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Keywords: Alden Estates of Barrington, Waukegan , Lead Receptionist / Receptionist, Other , Barrington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...