Part Time Educator
Company: Catharsis Productions
Location: Great Lakes
Posted on: March 9, 2023
Job Title: Educator, Naval Station Great Lakes Status:
Part-Time, Non-Exempt Position Summary: The Educator, Naval Station
Great Lakes, focuses on executing on the Naval Station Great Lakes
contract assignments at Naval Station Great Lakes in Great Lakes,
IL. In addition, the Great Lakes Educator may execute on additional
client contract assignments as needed. The Educator, Great Lakes,
is trained and presents Catharsis Production's Sex Signals and/or
Got Your Back programs, adapted to the Great Lakes and other client
- Travels to and presents Sex Signals and/or Got Your Back at
Naval Station Great Lakes and other clients as needed.
- Develops and submits regular reports and other documentation of
presentations as requested by Manager.
- Collects presentation audience numbers and reports to Client
Services Manager same-day.
- Schedules travel arrangements per presentation assignments,
keeping within budget guidelines.
- Submits expenses on an assigned schedule as outlined by
- Confirms details, including rider conditions, of presentation
with client Point of Contact (POC).
- Adjusts performance according to assessment of Manager.
- Self-records presentations on request and reviews and provides
feedback of own presentations for development with Manager.
- Participates in on-going training and development as needed and
requested by Manager.
- Complies with necessary client contract compliance trainings
- Reviews and responds to email and other communication by
Manager and other colleagues.
- Attends to and is available for Manager assigned phone calls,
conferences, training, program updates, and regular meeting
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and/or
- Experience in a training and facilitating capacity, preferred
two (2) years
- Preferred four (4) year college degree, or equivalent
experience in a related function
- Must hold a valid State's Driver License
- Background in sexual violence prevention, military, or social
justice is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge and understanding of the
diverse academic, socio-economical, gender, cultural, disability
and ethnic backgrounds of the customers we serve; sensitivity and
knowledge and understanding of groups historically oppressed and
who may have experienced discrimination Bonus: Theater experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- A high attention to detail and very organized
- A high degree of customer service
- Ability to learn and excel at improvisational skills
- Ability to manage and facilitate large groups
- Display high level of energy and thrive in a fast-paced
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and as a
member of a team
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload and meet deadlines
Travel: Position requires availability to report to client site
with same day notice when necessary. This position requires up to
50% travel, including out-of-the-area and overnight travel for
client assignments. Work Authorization/Security Clearance: Eligible
for military clearance. AAP/EEO Statement: Catharsis Productions
expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability,
or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of
Catharsis Productions' employees to perform their job duties may
result in discipline up to and including discharge. Other Duties:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time as
per Manager's and company's discretion. Physical demands and work
environment: The physical demands and work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. Physical demands : While performing duties of job,
incumbent is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands
to finger, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; talk
and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Work environment : The
noise level in the work environment is medium. Performance
- Biannual structured, sit-down performance evaluation with
- Attainment of annual goals established between Manager and
Keywords: Catharsis Productions, Waukegan , Part Time Educator, Other , Great Lakes, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...