Sr. Mechanical Engineer Product Development
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Job SummaryResearches, develops and brings to production new and
improved products for global sale. Works closely with Project
leaders, Outside Vendors, and Project Management to accurately
scope and deliver finished products. The Sr Mechanical Product
Development Engineer completes designs for existing products and
new product introductions. This role provides technical support for
customer-facing teams to help support inquiries and
- Design and develop cost effective, manufacturable parts and
assemblies that meet engineering and marketing specifications.
- Design, construct, and test feasibility models, prototypes and
special test fixtures, as necessary for proof-of-principle and
- Create 3D models and detailed drawings using Solidworks CAD
while adhering to best practices for managing product data
- Perform engineering analysis to ensure parts and assemblies
will meet the need of intended applications with adequate
- Investigate problems, determine root causes, and design
permanent solutions, implementing them within the established EC
- Prepare reports and other written documentation to communicate
findings to others.
- Communicate and interface within cross-functional team to
achieve product realization, from initial concept through to
release for manufacture.
- Keep abreast of technological advances in mechanical
engineering, both generally and those with potential applicability
to pump and other fluid handling products.
- Apply current techniques and tools to improve design time,
cost, reliability and functionality.
- Assist other departments in the resolution of design related
problems that arise during production.
- Manage 3rd Party Vendors assisting with development
- Provide mechanical engineering expertise to Purchasing to
assist in the procurement of mechanical components.
- Fulfill responsibilities under ISO 9001 and 14001; understand
and fully support ISO system.
- On small scale programs serve as Project Manager following
MasterFlex's Phase Gate Development Procedure.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Education:
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering (ABET
- At least 6 years of current or recent experience in mechanical
system product designMinimum Requirements/Qualifications:
- High-volume product design experience
- Solid understanding of engineering mechanics, machine design,
materials, geometric tolerancing, fabrication processes (Injection
molding, diecasting, etc) and electronics packaging.
- Advanced Solid modeling CAD experience (Solidworks a
- Finite Element Analysis and/or dynamic simulation software
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, efficiently
works under pressure, within deadlines or other time essential
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to
clearly and concisely communicate to all levels of the
- Strong work ethic and an ability to excel within a rapidly
changing and growing organizationDISCLAIMER:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.EEO
Statement:We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer.
We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed,
national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state/province, or local law. If you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the employment process, please
contact us by email at email@example.com and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case
basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for
reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email
address.For more information about equal employment opportunity
protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE
LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency
Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.EEO is the
LawOFCCP EEO SupplementPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION
PROVISION3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:By submitting candidates
without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a
specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with
the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the
submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and
conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will
take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on
its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation.
Keywords: Avantor, Waukegan , Sr. Mechanical Engineer Product Development, Other , Barrington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!