Corporate Partnerships Specialist
Posted on: September 23, 2022
If corporate fundraising, partnerships, and engagements are your
sweet spots, then we encourage you to apply today!
Aspire is looking for a dynamic, cause-driven, and proactive
individual to join our team as the full-time Corporate Partnerships
Specialist at Aspire. Use your relationship-building and
creative-thinking skills to lead and grow Aspire's corporate
fundraising and partnerships program in alignment with our mission
and vision of inclusion and belonging.
In this role, you will develop, execute, and evaluate Aspire's
corporate fundraising and partnerships program including
solicitation and stewardship of cash donations, grants, event
sponsorships, in-kind gifts, and revenue generated through Aspire's
CoffeeWorks and Art360 social enterprises. You will report directly
to Aspire's Director, Grants & Partnerships. Position
Responsibilities: The following represents the primary position
responsibilities, but other related duties necessary to meet the
needs of the organization may be assigned. Corporate
- Build a corporate giving pipeline: identify, research,
evaluate, cultivate, solicit, and steward companies capable of
corporate giving and engagement.
- Develop, launch, evaluate and improve a corporate gifts program
- Build relationships and individually manage a portfolio of
approximately 50+ companies.
- Solicit corporations for gifts, including cash, inkind or pro
- Project manage organization-wide efforts to secure corporate
sponsorships for Aspire's fundraising events.
- Work with Philanthropy Associate Director to determine
corporate giving recognition strategy to strengthen Aspire's
- Collaborate with the VP, Philanthropy to identify opportunities
to increase matching gifts from corporations.
- Collaborate with the Events & Volunteers Specialist to identify
corporate volunteer groups to add to the corporate giving and
community partners pipelines.
- Identify, write, and submit corporate grants and required grant
- Prepare customized proposals, presentations, and collateral for
corporate partners and donors about funding needs and
- Serve as a liaison between Aspire and Friends of Aspire, a
group of energized professional ambassadors who fundraise and
network on behalf of Aspire to move our mission forward.
- Serve as a thought leader on corporate giving trends and best
practices with industry research and make recommendations on
program improvements. Corporate Partnerships
- Build a community partners pipeline: identify, research,
evaluate, cultivate, solicit, and steward companies capable of
partnering with Aspire to move our mission and vision forward.
- Prepare customized proposals, presentations, collateral, and
reports for potential or current corporate partners to achieve
strategic goals that benefit our community.
- Facilitate partnership activities, including but not limited to
Lunch and Learns, corporate speaking opportunities, tours, and
- Help establish outcome/impact measures, monitor results, and
report results to improve Aspire's corporate fundraising and
- Set goals and next steps for corporate partners in
collaboration with 10+ Aspire team members across multiple
- Conduct peer-to-peer accountability check-ins with team members
to monitor progress and support their efforts to achieve mutually
agreed upon goals for the partnerships they manage.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all prospective and
current partnerships in Aspire's CRM database.
- Create a culture of partnership across Aspire by participating
in cross-department teambuilding activities and efforts. Team
Collaboration & Leadership
- Connect and build relationships with community leaders,
business leaders, family members, Board members, and others to
promote and articulate Aspire's mission, vision, and strategic
needs to the greater community.
- Participate or assist during special events.
- Promote a positive culture that aligns with Aspire's shared
values during all interactions with Aspire stakeholders.
- Actively participate in professional development to enhance
knowledge. Reporting to this Position: None
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 plus years' experience in fundraising, corporate social
responsibility or business development or sales
- Proven record of success in solicitation or sales.
- Proven record of success in forging mutually beneficial
partnerships with clients. Additional Licensing/Certifications:
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation Required
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Dynamic and engaging relationship building skill.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management, organizational, and time management
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to successfully learn and use donor CRM software
- Understand and provide superior customer service Preferred
Education & Experience:
- Writing and submitting grant proposals and reporting
- Leading cross-functional teams Preferred Skills, Knowledge &
- Experience in philanthropic initiatives or volunteering
- Achieves Results: Consistently achieving results, even under
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that
apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new & better ways for the
organization to be successful.
- Makes Quality Decisions: Making good & timely decisions that
keep the organization moving forward.
- Tackles the Tough Issues: Stepping up to address difficult
issues, saying what needs to be said. Voted as one of the 101 Best
and Brightest Companies to work for in Chicago! We know that
Together, We're Better! Aspire was founded in 1960 and is
recognized as a leader in providing bold, pioneering, and
uncompromising services to adults with developmental disabilities,
their families and the community. In 2019, we joined forces with
NorthPointe Resources to be one of the most recognized and
respected disability service providers across the Chicago
metropolitan area, Lake County (Illinois), and southeastern
Full Time Benefits (regularly scheduled to work at least 37 1/2
hours per week)
- Health Insurance
- Benefit Time (Vacation, Sick, Personal)
- 13 Holidays
- 403(B) Retirement Savings Plan with matching contribution
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Voluntary Insurances available Aspire is an equal employment
opportunity employer. We strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ+
community, veterans, individuals with disabilities, seniors, and
individuals from all cultural backgrounds to apply. Let us know if
you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application
or interview process. In your application, we invite you to select
which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his,
they/them/theirs). PM22 PI190680775
Keywords: Aspire, Waukegan , Corporate Partnerships Specialist, Other , Waukegan, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!