Life Enrichment Direct Support Professional $1500 Sign-on Bonus
Company: Aspire Chicago
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Join the Aspire team in May to be eligible to receive up to
$17.00/hour and a $1,500 sign-on bonus! Position Summary: The Life
Enrichment Direct Support Professional works Monday through Friday
from 8:00am - 4:00pm. While maintaining outstanding customer
service Direct Support Professionals will provide instructional
assistance, care, support, and supervision to all participants.
- Knowledge and implementation of Personal Plan and
Implementation Plans, Behavioral Enrichment Plans (BEP), and health
- Engage participants in meaningful activities and implement
Lesson Plans; may need to develop Lesson Plans as needed with
- Work on behalf of participants in groups or one on one to
overcome any barriers keeping them from achieving success.
- Monitor individuals for effective dress and hygiene; provide
supportive actions, as needed.
- Provide assistance as needed during transition times (pick-up
and drop-off, break and lunch, class rotation and outings).
- Keep Facilitator and other needed team members informed of
success, struggles, risks, etc. that involve the participant
(follow through if requested).
- Provide First Aid/CPR with current certification and seek
emergency medical care when needed.
- Provide approved crisis prevention/intervention including
de-escalation and physical intervention techniques when necessary
to protect the person and others.
- Complete all required and applicable documentation according to
training, policy, and procedure before the end of shift
- Accurately and timely complete all charting and data collection
tools (goal tracking, behavioral tracking, attendance,
communication log, etc.).
- Attend all meetings as required.
- Review and respond to all Aspire email within current
- Maintain neat upkeep of environment and prompt reporting to
facilitator or supervisor of needed repairs or environmental
- Maintain outstanding hospitality, professionalism, and customer
service for all.
- Honor participants' rights and ability to make choices.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times and communication with
the facilitator, supervisor, Work/Life Consultant, and Clinical
team who need to know information for continuity and quality of
- Expand skills and knowledge relevant to providing high quality
services; actively participate in required certification and agency
training and apply information.
- Transport participants safely; following the rules of the
- Uphold the Aspire spirit, vision, culture, and work
- Cooperation with Compliance and Quality Improvement initiatives
- Complete all required trainings including but not limited to
AMTS/MANDT, CPR/FA, Clinical Trainings, Rule 50 Abuse Neglect
- Perform any other duties deemed necessary and within scope of
the job as assigned. Reporting to this Position: None .
Required Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent Additional
- Valid Illinois Driver's License with good driving record.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to deal tactfully, engaging, and courteously with
participants, employees at all levels, families, and the general
- Ability to work flexible hours and days, including some
holidays, according to any classroom needs/emergency coverage.
- Ability to use technology to include email, computers, copy
machines, etc. Preferred Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Social Services
- 1 year experience working with adults with intellectual and
other developmental disabilities
- Experience following lesson plans and creating activities to
follow lesson plans Physiological Factors:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this position.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is
regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; bend or
stoop; walk and climb stairs; reach with hands and arms, push,
pull; talk, hear, and observe.
- Work requires heavy physical exertion and may include lifting
up to 75 pounds.
- Duties are performed primarily in participants' classrooms,
agency office, and the community. Work areas are restricted to
non-smoking. Psychological Factors: The psychological demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
- Ability to maintain pleasant working relationships with all
- Ability to interact positively with individuals with
intellectual or developmental disabilities.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize
work. Voted as one of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work
for in Chicago! We know that Together, We're Better! Aspire was
founded in 1960 and is recognized as a leader in providing bold,
pioneering, and uncompromising services to adults with
developmental disabilities, their families and the community. In
2019, we joined forces with NorthPointe Resources to be one of the
most recognized and respected disability service providers across
the Chicago metropolitan area, Lake County (Illinois), and
southeastern Wisconsin areas. Full Time Benefits (regularly
scheduled to work at least 37 1/2 hours per week)
- Health Insurance
- Benefit Time (Vacation, Sick, Personal)
- 13 Holidays
- 403(B) Retirement Savings Plan with matching contribution
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance Aspire is an equal employment opportunity
employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. PM22
Development disability, support worker, respite, Day Program,
Keywords: Aspire Chicago, Waukegan , Life Enrichment Direct Support Professional $1500 Sign-on Bonus, Other , Waukegan, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!