Company: Aspire Chicago
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Position Summary:Lead and manage the development, planning,
marketing, and implementation of special events; recruitment and
supervision of event committee volunteers; maintain financial
records for events as well as donor records within donor and event
databases, prepare reports and correspondence, and support the
overall goals of Aspire by increasing revenue, acquiring new
donors, solidifying existing donor relationships and presenting a
unified, positive image of the organization.Position
- Develop annual Special Events plan with specific monetary and
attendance goals along with a budget for each event in support of
the overall fundraising goals for the department.
- Lead the planning, management and implementation of all special
events and miscellaneous donor cultivation and fundraising
- Coordinate all event collateral and marketing in compliance
with Aspire branding and messaging.
- Lead all event solicitation activities (such as sponsorships,
auction donations, reservations, etc.) to meet event revenue goals;
engage Aspire staff, board, and event committee members as
appropriate; monitor progress and provide regular reports.
- Maintain accurate record keeping and ensure superior guest
experiences through the utilization of event management software
and online registration tools.
- Build relationships with current and new volunteer committee
members; recruit, supervise and provide administrative support to
volunteer committee members.
- Manage all event logistics including contracts with venues and
- Assist with data entry as needed and ensure the accuracy and
completeness of all information in donor database and event
management software; assist Finance with auditing and
reconciliation processes as needed.
- Adjust work hours to accommodate evening and weekend events and
meetings while simultaneously maintaining a Monday-Friday work
- Act as the staff liaison to the Associate Board, attending
monthly meetings and supporting them as needed.
- Complete other development functions as assigned by
supervisor.Reporting to this Position: None.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 4 years experience planning and executing events
- 3-4 years experience in donor engagement, fundraising,
volunteer coordination, and/or CRM softwareAdditional
- Must have a valid driver's license (Illinois, Indiana,
Wisconsin) and reliable transportationRequired Skills, Knowledge &
- Strong organizational, time management, and project management
- Budget management and contract negotiation experience
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to manage multiple projects/events simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours including occasional evenings
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have access to a personal vehicle for business
usePreferred Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Experience in the non-profit sector
- Knowledge of online and mobile resources to improve event
- Video production experienceLeadership Competencies:
- Achieves Results: Consistently achieving results, even under
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that
apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new & better ways for the
organization to be successful.
- Makes Quality Decisions: Making good & timely decisions that
keep the organization moving forward.
- Tackles the Tough Issues: Stepping up to address difficult
issues, saying what needs to be said.Voted as one of the 101 Best
and Brightest Companies to work for in Chicago!We know that
Together, We're Better!Aspire was founded in 1960 and is recognized
as a leader in providing bold, pioneering, and uncompromising
services to adults with developmental disabilities, their families
and the community. In 2019, we joined forces with NorthPointe
Resources to be one of the most recognized and respected disability
service providers across the Chicago metropolitan area, Lake County
(Illinois), and southeastern Wisconsin areas.Full Time Benefits
(regularly scheduled to work at least 37 1/2 hours per week)
- Health Insurance
- Benefit Time (Vacation, Sick, Personal)
- 13 Holidays
- 403(B) Retirement Savings Plan with matching contribution
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Voluntary Insurances availableAspire is an equal employment
opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of
any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
Keywords: Aspire Chicago, Waukegan , Events Specialist, Other , Waukegan, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!