MRO Buyer- Sourcing Specialist
Company: The Visual Pak Companies
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Position Title: MRO Buyer / Sourcing Specialist EEO Category:
Professionals (13-1021)Reporting into Title: Corporate Sourcing
ManagerBusiness and Department: Sourcing / Procurement
Position Purpose/Summary: The MRO Buyer / Sourcing Specialist is
responsible for obtaining the best quality, service and value when
sourcing materials for the multiple organizations that enables cost
savings, quality materials, and on-time delivery for operational
Direct Reports (or attach organization chart)None at this time
- Associates degree or relevant experience.
Experience (years and topics):
- 0-3 years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing
- 0-3 years working with suppliers including price negotiations,
RFQ's and cost reduction initiatives
- 0-3 years analyzing quotes and conducting value analysis for
strategic sourcing decisions
- 0-3 years recommending and implementing continuous improvements
in sourcing preferred.
- Proven Microsoft Excel & Word proficiency
- Demonstrated professional experience with WMS/ERP systems
(Navision, SAP, etc.)
- Well-developed written, oral, and interpersonal communication
- Bi-lingual ability (English/Spanish) preferred
Physical CapabilitiesWhile performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee
frequently is required to sit and use hands along with fingers, to
handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand,
walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop,
kneel, crouch or crawl. May need to lift or move weight up to
20lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
Position Responsibilities-Tasks-DeliverablesAn individual must be
able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge,
skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these
essential functions.All duties as assigned and the following
- Assists in identifying, assessing, negotiating, awarding and
managing suppliers and procurement agreements. Assesses suppliers
on a global landscape to recommend best sourcing.
- Transacts purchases of goods and services including but not
limited to Maintenance, Repair and Operations.
- Communicates with suppliers, discussing quotes and price
increases, negotiating rates, and evaluating service and quality.
Maintains updated price lists, ensuring accuracy in invoicing.
- Reviews purchase order acknowledgements and updates pricing and
delivery dates in ERP system. Provides quantities required during
parts shortages to ensure sourcing needs are addressed.
- Conducts purchasing activities aligned with the supply chain
philosophy and strategy, executing and supporting sourcing projects
through selected and approved suppliers.
- Recognizes, understands and addresses sourcing problems in a
proactive manner. Meets with suppliers to understand and resolve
issues in a timely manner, reducing impact on operations and
- Collaborates with operations, materials and procurement teams
to optimize total value and complete work to support organizational
goals. Communicates and completes work, ensuring information,
quoting and sourcing is completed with suppliers.
- Work side by side with accounting to code purchase items and
confirm all tax credits are provided and resolve any hidden
Keywords: The Visual Pak Companies, Waukegan , MRO Buyer- Sourcing Specialist, Other , Waukegan, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!