Home Visitor - Parent Educator
Company: One Hope United
Posted on: November 12, 2021
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains a caseload of 8-12 EHS home visiting families
providing weekly home visiting to parents and children.
- Establishes trusting, nurturing relationships with children and
- Works jointly with parents to develop and implement weekly home
visit plans based on each child's assessment and identified family
- Maintains and preserves confidential client files.
- Observes, assesses and documents each child's health, skills,
behavior, growth and development.
- Provides children and parents with group socialization
- Provides program parents with guidance on home safety,
nutrition, effective discipline, constructive play activities, and
other related topics.
- Serves as an advocate for Head Start families and as a liaison
between families, the program, and the larger community.
- Integrates other components, i.e. health, nutrition, mental
health, parent involvement and special needs into home visit and
- Assists in identifying children with special needs and makes
the necessary referrals.
- Encourages participation in the Head Start Parent Committee
meetings as well as parent group and socialization meetings, and
other events or trainings.
- Assists families in developing a Family Partnership Agreement
and creating a plan for the accomplishment of the goals
- Participate in regular reflective supervision and staff
meetings as required by the program.
- Maintain and document all services in the family files and
ensures up to date program files for each family in the
- Enter participant information and other required program
information into the COPA system in a timely manner
- Assist with recruiting and enrolling eligible families in the
- Perform other duties as assigned within the scope of the job
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education or a related
field with coursework equivalent to an AA in ECE preferred.
- A minimum of a high school diploma with an Infant-Toddler or
Home Visitor CDA or equivalent or a Gateways ECE Credential Level 3
or higher is required.REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS/ABILITIES
- 2 years experience working in early childhood/family support,
or home visiting programs preferred
- Ability to establish supportive, meaningful relationships with
families and children
- Knowledge of principles and practices of infant and child
development and family practice
- Ability to use reflective supervision
- Ability to work within a team
- Knowledge of community resources and the capacity to develop
community cooperation to ensure that children and families receive
- Required to speak SpanishONE HOPE UNITED VALUES:
- Do the Right Thing - We serve the best interest of our clients
and staff. We act mindfully and responsibly, honoring our
commitments. We're willing to challenge the status quo.
- Fully Contribute - We bring our presence, passion, and ideas to
every interaction, and we respect differing views and backgrounds
so that others can do the same.
- Empower One Another - We collaborate with, care for, and
encourage each other toward greater impact, treating everyone with
dignity and respect
- Turn Hope into Action - We believe in the resiliency of the
human spirit. We advocate for those in need and do what it takes to
build a better future for all.
- Seek Impact Every Day - We make things happen, and make them
count. We leverage all our resources and make data-informed
decisions for maximum, sustainable results.
- Always Keep Improving - We pursue excellence in an atmosphere
of innovation. We embrace change, take prudent risks, learn from
failure, and recognize success.We Invest in You
- Tuition assistance up to $2500 per year
- Up to 4 weeks paid Vacation Days; up to 6 paid Personal Days
and up to 5 paid Sick days annually
- Medical, dental, vision, 403b Retirement, flexible spending
accounts, health savings account, and short-term disability
- Agency paid life up to $50K based on salary
- Voluntary Supplemental Life for Employee, Spouse and
- Voluntary Legal Plans
- Agency paid long term after 1 year of employment
- Enterprise Fleet car availability for high mileage drivers
- Career ladders, professional development, and promotion
- Free LCSW and LCPC Supervision hours available in some
locationsA Different Kind of Employer One Hope United is strong and
ready to grow. Are you ready to grow with us?
- 800 talented professionals strong, serving 10,000 children and
families in Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri and Florida
- Fiscally stable, $50 Million agency- strong since 1895
- Energetic leadership and a rich community of supportOne Hope
United does not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. One Hope United is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Keywords: One Hope United, Waukegan , Home Visitor - Parent Educator, Other , Waukegan, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!