Assistant Director, Finance
Company: Great Wolf Lodge
Posted on: October 10, 2021
At Great Wolf the Assistant Director of Finance (ADoF) is developed
into becoming a Director of Finance (DoF) in as soon as 12
months. The ADoF is responsible for assisting the Lodge’s
Director of Finance with oversight of financial strategy, policies,
controls, and systems and working in conjunction with the General
Manager to maximize financial and operational growth.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Strategic Influence & Business
- Partner with property General Managers, Lodge Director of
Finance and other Lodge leaders to build and deliver strategic and
- Coordinate, analyze and report operational and financial
performance to leaders and key stakeholders.
- Support efforts to identify, monitor and, where appropriate,
mitigate areas of financial risk.
- Update and implement lodge specific financial policies and
- Identify and implement operational improvements through
business partnering with lodge line of business leadership.
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Direct and administer all financial operations at the resorts
to include, but not limited to asset protection, financial
reporting, systems management, budget and forecasting, region
management and meeting facilitation and participation.
- Assist with coordination and review of monthly profit and loss
statements with the Lodge Director of Finance and General
- Coordinate with shared services center and third-party service
providers (outsourcing provider, auditors, state and local tax
authorities) to ensure all necessary information is compiled,
reviewed, and approved.
- Delivery of financial performance through improvement and
growth of working capital and EBITDA.
- Partner with the Financial Shared Service Center to ensure
accuracy of financial statements, and adherence to Accounting
policies and procedures.
- Oversees purchasing and payables activity to ensure coding and
reviewing of invoices are processed for payments. Assists
other departments in maintaining actual expenditures versus
Operational & Financial Controls
- Monitor and maintain adequate internal control over revenues,
expenses, assets and liabilities of the resort (customer billing,
paycheck distribution, cash management, and contract review and
- Ensure financial, cash, operational and fraud controls
framework is in place, and has a regular cadence of compliance
monitoring of internal controls that identifies gaps and puts in
place remediation. .
- Leadership of the lodge Accounting team including the lodge
Accounting Associate, Receiver, or other positions.
- Participates in Manager on Duty (MOD) scheduled rotation.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned or
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, Hospitality or a
- Minimum 4 years or more progressive Finance/Accounting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; specifically
demonstrated ability to perform analysis and modeling in Excel
- Experience supervising Finance/Accounting staff
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Geographic mobility - Willingness to relocate to any Great Wolf
Qualifications & Traits
- CPA and/ or MBA desired
- Experience in theme park, hotel, or resort industry
- Demonstrated financial Analysis experience
- Prior experience with labor management systems and / or
- Previous experience with Coupa, Tableau, and/or Sun Accounting
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and critical thinking
- Demonstrated organization and effective collaboration
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Able to lift up to 20lbs
- Able to bend, stretch, and twist
- Able to stand or sit for long periods of time
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Great Wolf Lodge, Waukegan , Assistant Director, Finance, Other , Gurnee, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!