Assistant Manager - Optical
Company: America's Best
Location: Great Lakes
Posted on: October 10, 2021
At National Vision, Inc. (NVI), we believe everyone deserves to
see their best to live their best. We help people by making quality
eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
NVI is one of the largest optical retail companies in the United
States with over 1,200 stores in 44 states plus the District of
Columbia and Puerto Rico. We operate five retail brands:
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses, Eyeglass World, Vision
Centers inside select Walmart stores and Vista Optical inside Fred
Meyer stores and on select military bases. We employ over
13,000 people including a network of over 2,000 optometrists. We
offer an innovative culture where training is a priority, hard work
is praised, and career growth is a reality.
We are looking for an Assistant Contact Lens Manager to
join our growing team. The Assistant Contact Lens Manager
assists the General Manager with store operations and ensures that
the contact lens department operates in accordance with the company
policies and procedures. This position oversees the Optometric
Technician and the Receptionist.
What would you do? – The Specifics
- Monitor and achieve profit, sales and performance goals (i.e.
reviewing the P&L).
- Optimize and oversee the contact lens department to ensure
efficiency and compliance with company’s policies and operational
- Convey a commitment to providing outstanding customer service
and ensure all associates do the same.
- Ensure quality standards are met. Review remakes and enforce
policies to ensure compliance.
- Oversee the instruction to customers on the insertion and
removal of contact lenses. Ensure Contact Lens Technician follows
- Perform dispensing duties as necessary, if permitted by state
- Communicate with the General Manager, District Manager, and
Corporate Office and provide store reporting as required.
- Ensure store promotions, advertising, and visual merchandising
are in place and all associates and doctors are aware of current
- Supervise and motivate the Optometric Technician and
Receptionist and ensure the timely completion of day-to-day
- Assist the General Manager with forecasting staffing needs,
recruiting, selecting and retaining a high caliber staff.
- Motivate associates to exceed performance standards.
Are you the right fit? – The Suitable
- Optical sales experience. Supervising experience is
- Maintain Optical license in states that require licensure.
- Proven ability to lead, coach and build associate
- Sound understanding of store operations and standards for
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) for
effective management of teams.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills for planning work and continuously
monitoring progress towards goals.
- Ability to analyze, create, and understand financial
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems of varied
- ABO and NCLE Certified (Recommended).
What are the benefits?
National Vision offers a competitive benefits package including
Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending
Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life
Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our
website www.nationalvision.com to
America's Best is a health care facility and the personnel
performing services onsite are health care workers required to
either be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or be tested for
COVID-19 at least weekly in accordance with state law.
Keywords: America's Best, Waukegan , Assistant Manager - Optical, Other , Great Lakes, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!