Recreation Aide - Special Recreation Evening Programs
Company: Waukegan Park District
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Status of Employment:
$11.00 per hour or higher, depending on qualifications.
Description / Duties:
- To assist with individuals with disabilities ages 13 and older
on evening programs through the organization, implementation and
oversight of the scheduled activities in both indoor and outdoor
- To provide direct leadership, supervision, and assistance in
the implementation of all assigned recreation evening programs and
- Assist in providing developmentally appropriate activities that
meet the needs and interests of participants with
- Accompany and participate with participants in scheduled
activities or field trips.
- Assist with the maintenance of reports and records regarding
participants, programs and services.
- Establish a cooperative working relationship with coworkers and
- Attend pertinent departmental/park district meetings and
in-house training sessions.
- Conduct self in accordance to the policies and procedures as
established by the part district.
- Participate in park district Safety and Training Program to
ensure that work performed and services provided are implemented in
a safe manner.
- Completion of Sophomore year of high school required.
- High school graduation preferred.
- Some college desirable.
Experience working with adults or children with special needs
preferred. Assisted in supervising groups of individuals in a
recreational setting preferred.
General knowledge of recreation, parks, and leisure service
field. General knowledge of recreational programs and services for
adults with disabilities. General knowledge of developmentally
appropriate activities for adults with disabilities in a
License / Certification:
Valid driver's license required for programs including
transportation, otherwise preferred. Valid First Aid and CPR
Weekday evenings, some weekends, and some daytime hours
depending on program needs. Approximately 5 - 20 hours per week
beginning mid May through August.
Conditions of Employment:
- Submit to a reference check / employment verification
- Submit to a state criminal background check
- Submit to pre-employment TB test
- Submit to pre-employment drug test
- Submit to random, reasonable cause, and post-accident alcohol
and drug tests
- Provide proof of date of birth
- Provide a copy of driver's license
- Provide proof of education
- Provide driver's abstract
Recreation Specialist-Special Recreation
Questions Only: email Maria at email@example.com
Open until filled.
Must apply online at http://www.applitrack.com/waukeganparks/OnlineApp/
Keywords: Waukegan Park District, Waukegan , Recreation Aide - Special Recreation Evening Programs, Other , Waukegan, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!