Founded in 1929, Heinen's is a premier grocery store chain noted
for its quality products and outstanding customer service. Thriving
under the third generation of proven family leadership, Heinen's
operates 23 stores (19 in Cleveland, Ohio and 4 in Chicago,
Illinois), two distribution warehouses, one food production plant,
and a corporate office. Culturally, we place a heavy emphasis on
quality of life for every associate within the organization. We
offer this through a competitive compensation package, professional
development and leadership opportunities, paid time off, and
balanced work schedules.
Retail Professional - Heinen's Diamond Difference Standards:
As an associate of Heinen's there are key components to learn,
implement and master. Each of these are integral to the Heinen's
Brand and to your success. These are simple behaviors that help
distinguish us as the premier supermarket in Northeast Ohio and
Professional Appearance - Ensure you present yourself, your
team, your products and your department in support of our
Acknowledge - Acknowledge customers with a smile and eye
Evaluate - Develp the habit of evaluating store conditions on a
continuous basis using our 5-Step QCSSS (Quality, Cleanliness,
Stock Levels, Signage, and Serviceable) for excellence.
Thank - Thank each other for a job well done to reinforce
positive behaviors and attitudes to support your team.
Engage - Engage customers when appropriate.
- Prioritize daily work based on varying business needs.
- Acquire and share knowledge of Grocery Department.
- Responsible for writing orders using effective pars and
- Responsible for working as a team in order to complete daily
tasks as needed, including: scanning and recording shrink, order
writing, stocking, rotating and merchandising.
- Attend required corporate meetings and training classes.
- Comply with all personal and food safety company
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess a sense of urgency and the ability to work
independently to achieve daily tasks.
- Comply with all company policies and standards.
- Possess the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Be production driven with the ability to work continuously on
repetitive tasks, while standing.
- Possess the ability to frequent lift and/or move up to 50
- Must be willing to work the amount of hours required to meet
company objectives, with the understanding that occasionally
business needs will require additional time.
- Must be willing to work the non-traditional five day work
schedule, including Saturday, Sunday and evenings.
- Occasionally exposed to extreme conditions, hot or cold.
Heinen's, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all
persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship
status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed,
gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression,
genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.