Contingent Worker R14 - Store 321
Company: Thorntons Inc
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Contingent Worker is responsible for delighting Thorntons'
guests with prompt and courteous service, maintaining merchandise,
and supporting store goals and initiatives. This position is a
support role that includes stocking, organizing and cleaning.
Essential Job Functions (RESPONSIBLE TO):
- Deliver guest service with a "how may I help you"
- Identify opportunities to delight guests while taking direction
from the store management team.
- Keep coolers, fast lane merchandise, store shelves, and
displays fully stocked and fronted at all times.
- Clean and maintain equipment for high-margin products such as
coffee, fountain drinks, etc.
- Perform interior and exterior cleaning activities including,
but not limited to, windows, floors, shelving, counters, gas pumps,
parking lot, and restrooms, per Thorntons' Store Operating
- Advise store management of any maintenance or safety
- Practice safe working habits that align with company safety
- Adhere to all Thorntons' policies and procedures.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- All experience will be considered
- Be able to speak, read, understand, and write the English
language, including the ability to hear the spoken word.
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds, carrying cases of milk and
soft drinks, beer and juice containers, etc., at least once per
- Be able to stock shelves and coolers.
- Be able to react to a fire by lifting a fire extinguisher
weighing 20 pounds and moving it to the fire area.
- Be able to tolerate exposure to gasoline fumes and cleaning
- Be able to climb a ladder to clean windows, stock shelves and
cooler, and make price changes.
- Be able to sweep and mop floors, dust shelves, and lift and
carry out trash containers and place in an outside bin.
- Be able to clean the parking lot and grounds surrounding the
- Be able to enter and work in a cooler at a temperature of 40
degrees up to 30 minutes at a time.
- Be able to attend work each and every scheduled day and work
your full shift.
- Job requires long periods of standing including, but not
limited to, an 8 hour shift.
- Must be able to climb a ladder to clean windows, stock shelves,
make price changes, etc.
- Properly record time in Kronos and sign timecard verifying all
Keywords: Thorntons Inc, Waukegan , Contingent Worker R14 - Store 321, Other , Waukegan, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!