Status of Employment:
Summer Seasonal, Non-Exempt, Non-union
$11.00 or higher depending on qualifications
Monitor and assist with the operation of the facility, programs,
and events. Implement procedures and practices related to the
facility operation. Often responsible for opening and closing of
the facility and set-up and tear-down of equipment. Supervise
rental groups. Ensure safety of patrons during operation of
- Demonstrate good customer service in communicating with
- Answer public inquiries or channel inquiry to appropriate staff
plus collect fees and follow parking procedures as outlined by
- Enforce all facility and park district rules, guidelines,
policies and procedures.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of programs and
- Review facility schedule daily and set-up and take down as
- Clean and maintain work area, appropriate equipment, and
- Conduct walk through inspections to ensure site safety and
document deficiencies as required.
- Clean up of bodily fluids after any accident as needed.
- Be receptive to the directives of event leaders or
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of reports and
records regarding participants, programs, and services.
- May drive park district vehicles to transport equipment to
- Wear assigned uniform at all times while on duty.
- Perform routine, preventative, and corrective custodial
maintenance of the assigned facility.
- Perform routine facility maintenance functions to include but
not limited to general clean up, garbage removal, and window
- Assist with equipment maintenance.
- Contact emergency personnel as needed.
- Assist staff in completion of work orders.
- Maintain reports relating to daily admissions and usage.
- Assist with other recreation programs and special events as
- Attend pertinent departmental/park district meetings and
in-house training sessions.
- Conduct self according to the policies and procedures as
established by the park district.
- Participate in park district Safety and Training Program to
ensure that work performed and services provided are implemented in
a safe manner.
High School graduation preferred
Previous part-time or seasonal work with a recreation agency
General knowledge of recreation principles and philosophy.
General knowledge of customer service, sports, fitness, and
Equipment set-up and use for rentals and high volume usage.
Bilingual in English and Spanish desirable.
License / Certification:
Valid driver's license preferred.
First Aid/CPR/AED certification preferred, required within one
year (will train)
Days and hours will vary, includes evenings and weekends. 15 to
20 hours per week or more during peak season.
Conditions of Employment:
- Provide proof of date of birth
- Provide a copy of driver's license or photo ID
- Submit to a reference check / employment verification
- Submit to a state criminal background check
- Submit to pre-placement drug tests
- Submit to pre-placement lifting evaluation
- Submit to reasonable cause, and post-accident alcohol and drug
Cameron Crombie, CPRP
Recreation Supervisor-Aquatics Programs and Services
Open until filled.
Apply online at http://www.applitrack.com/waukeganparks/OnlineApp/