Director of Sales
Company: Springs Window Fashions
Posted on: June 6, 2021
About Horizons Window Fashions
With roots stretching back to 1891, Horizons has experienced
unprecedented growth marketing and producing unique and innovative
window fashions not available from any other company. We're proud
of our long, rich heritage of creating supreme quality, locally
handcrafted products in Waukegan, Illinois.
A Legacy of High-Design, Custom Craftsmanship
When craftsman Joseph Perkowitz arrived in the United States in
1891 and started the first Perkowitz family window fashions store
in Evanston, Illinois, he began a journey that formed the
foundation of our custom, high-design, and bespoke window treatment
manufacturing, engineering, and design capabilities. Today,
Horizons is leading the charge to deliver future design ideas
limited only by the imagination and creativity of our
Continuing the Journey
In 2013 Horizons was acquired by Springs Window Fashions.
Springs has been part of the window treatments industry since 1939.
Headquartered in Middleton WI, Springs has over 8,000 associates
and 18 locations worldwide. We pride ourselves as "The Best
Experience Company", striving to provide the best experience for
our consumers, channel partners, and associates.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and DELIVERABLES
Reporting to the General Manager of Horizons Window Fashions,
this highly visible sales leadership role has the mandate to create
and execute an effective growth strategy that focuses on all
channels of trade, including national accounts, regional accounts,
independent dealers, and specialty designers. This executive will
team with others in sales, marketing, brand management, customer
service, manufacturing, supply chain, and distribution across
Horizons and the broader Springs Window Fashions to enable
execution. This leader will shape an organization with a strong
market focus to drive change in how we create and generate demand.
The executive is responsible for building, developing, and
inspiring a high functioning team to deliver industry leading
market development initiatives, that ensures Horizons is driving a
demand pipeline that outperforms the market.
Demand Creation and Sales Growth
- Plan and execute demand creation activities in each segment and
target. This includes business development campaigns, new customer
acquisition strategies, "push and pull" initiatives. etc.
- Identify top customers with growth opportunities and develop
and then execute strategies to grow volume including new product
introduction and management, and market share grabbing
- Act as Project Manager for key major projects, coordinating
with Technical Support, Customer Service, Credit, and
- Develop/train dealers on new product updates through approved
presentations and other collateral
- Partner with customers to develop growth plans and
- Develop and direct execution of plans, lead the organization to
grow in capability and bandwidth, improve overall profitability and
margin, while ensuring alignment with company strategy and business
- Continually be across market realities and changes, and develop
executable strategies to beat market metrics
- Must have instincts and self-discipline to constantly develop
and redevelop growth plans that may include new product innovation
- Effective team management including hiring, coaching,
mentoring, developing, and transitioning.
- Align sales team with the strategic direction of the
- Be disciplined in closing the Plan-Do-Check-Adjust (PDCA loop)
of sales and marketing teams to ensure execution and results are
- Drive a culture of open and candid communication, where
critical thinking and action orientation trumps analysis-paralysis
and resistance to change
- Coach, mentor and train critical skills that foster a
relentless team drive to achieving sales goals.
- Champion continuous improvements within the organization.
Determine ways to continuously improve our field processes and
capabilities to be more efficient and effective.
- Develop knowledge base of the sales team to achieve business
goals and objectives that ensure continued growth.
- Be able to develop measurable metrics, and manage performance
to the measures
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS
The successful candidate is expected to be a strong, yet
practical functional leader with a track record of expanding
portfolio of products at dealers and distributors, and
substantially improving the performance/results orientation of the
current sales force. Qualified candidates will have experience
driving top line growth through the creation, development, and
management of successful sales programs including both "push and
pull" initiatives. Ideally, the person should have 15+ years of
significant account management and sales experience in the branded
consumer durables arena, with a special preference for the home
dcor and/or building products sectors. Regardless of career
progression, he/she should have experience with driving growth,
developing and implementing the appropriate policies and processes
necessary to drive and manage an organization, and infusing his/her
teams with a clear and focused drive for measurable performance.
This executive will be a key internal leader who will
collaboratively drive organizational growth and enhance
performance. A Bachelor's degree in business, sales, marketing,
engineering or a related field is required; an MBA is
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated track record of success leading sales teams
selling through a building products or home dcor dealer and
- Ability to construct and successfully develop a "push and pull"
demand creation model
- Experience working with independent dealers is desirable.
- Experience developing a large effective sales force is a
- Experience utilizing CRM to track and analyze salesforce
activity (Freshworks or SalesForce).
- Strong analytics and process orientation a must.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50%.
- Multi-category product engine leadership experience.
- Strong costumer and market focus; adept at defining and
evaluating consumer unmet needs to gain market position
- Proven and demonstrated strategic leadership skills
- Solid financial analysis and management skills; knows how to
achieve profitable growth
- Strong skill sets in the areas of presentation, facilitation,
consultative, written and verbal communications
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to lead forecasting
and budgeting work and make pricing decisions
- Solid understanding of company financials, including product
pricing, risk management, profitability
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and an
ability to simplify complex concepts and communicate to all levels
of the organization
- Ability to create compelling rationale for ideas and develop
thorough and thoughtful business cases
A visionary and dynamic leader with strong strategic planning
skills, the ideal candidate should excel at delivering results
through operational and executional excellence. He/She should enjoy
the interactions with key customers and have the skills that allow
for quick access to senior executives within major accounts. In
addition, he/she should demonstrate true leadership capability and
have strong cross-functional and team-building skills with an
ability to manage effectively up, down and across an organization.
This executive can work alongside individual team members as a
day-to-day partner in moving the business forward and holding them
In addition, he/she will possess the following qualities:
- Encourage open communication, establish positive climate, align
resources, and drive commitment to achieving our team
- Have demonstrated his/her ability to upgrade and develop an
organization via recruiting, training and performance management
with a true passion for identifying and retaining talent.
- Outstanding presentation, communication and interpersonal
skills coupled with robust time management, organizational and
analytical skills; able to develop these same skills among team
- Lead and integrate cultural shifts around teaming, project
management and process improvement into daily work.
- Energy, commitment, courage and entrepreneurial excitement;
must be able to generate enthusiasm for best-in-class
- Cultivate a winning culture and organization environment
through a strong work ethic that ensures optimal organizational
effectiveness and communications within the organization, as well
as the right combination of assertiveness and persuasiveness.
- Fact-based in the decision making in style; has a pragmatic
view of the marketplace and of the opportunities within it, but who
also has recommended solutions at both a strategic and functional
- A highly competitive individual style but not at the expense of
others; is self-aware and has a strong sense of humility.
- Passionate and results oriented with "fire in the belly";
Possess charisma and the ability to light up a room and inspire
Keywords: Springs Window Fashions, Waukegan , Director of Sales, Other , Waukegan, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!