Quality Assurance Supervisor
Company: Little Lady Foods
Posted on: June 6, 2021
QUALITY ASSURANCE SUPERVISOR
To lead a team responsible for ensuring compliance with all
company, customer, and regulatory quality requirements; responsible
for monitoring, coordinating, and documenting QA activities in the
production and warehousing of raw materials and finished
- Provides leadership to develop a cohesive, independent
functioning team of quality assurance associates.
- Addresses comments and concerns on the HACCP forms and
collaborates with the Manager on the actions necessary to resolve
the issues within 24 hours.
- Identifies other non-HACCP problems that impact the quality of
raw materials and finished products. Determines reason for problems
and recommends solutions.
- Monitors team's performance for compliance with GMPs in
production and warehouses by auditing the records on the approved
- Assigns team's work activities based on production and
warehouse schedules ensuring that all operations are covered with
appropriate QA staff.
- Reviews and monitors all QA activities for the assigned team.
Reviews and approves all QA records including HACCP records.
- Develops, coaches, and provides guidance to team for increasing
their business and quality knowledge, skills and abilities.
Provides on-going feedback regarding performance as well as
attainment of goals and objectives.
- Reviews and reacts to ongoing data collection (SPC charts,
etc.) to ensure timely decisions are made regarding product quality
- Ensures that there is a safe work environment for all employees
and that safe work practices are followed at all times.
- Analyzes available data to make informed decisions
- Ability to multi task and manage competing priorities to meet
or exceed expectations
- Effectively copes with change and able to give and receive
- Drives continuous improvement and able to motivate others
- Committed to organizational success and takes ownership for
- Effective oral and written communications across functions
- Ability to develop interpersonal relationships to achieve
- In addition to all the Key Responsibility areas of the Lead QA
Technician, the QA Supervisor is accountable for assisting the QA
Manager with training the QA Technicians on all aspects of the
position; including but not limited to GMP, HACCP, SQF, USDA and
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Associates Degree in food science or related discipline with 8
- 10 years of related food manufacturing experience (preferably in
a QA function).
- Expert knowledge of GMP's, HACCP's, SQF, USDA and FDA
- Must have strong writing, math, oral communication, and basic
computer skills. Position requires ability to work effectively with
production and warehouse personnel. Bilingual preferred.
Miracapo Pizza Company is the premier place to work and one of
the world's leading frozen items manufacturers. We have played an
invaluable role in creating some of the biggest and most respected
private-label frozen food brands. We pride ourselves in
understanding the needs of our customers and employees. In addition
to our commitment to employee development, we offer a competitive
salary and an excellent benefits package (including Medical,
Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Life/AD&D, FSA, and 401k).
As an equal opportunity employer, Miracapo Pizza Company
recruits, hires and promotes the most qualified individual, without
regard to race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, veteran status, marital status or sexual
orientation. All employment decisions are administered in a
non-discriminatory manner and consistent with applicable federal,
state, and local laws.
Keywords: Little Lady Foods, Waukegan , Quality Assurance Supervisor, Other , Gurnee, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!