Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The
Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of
the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our
mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who
live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about
giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are
looking for you!
About the Role:
Responsible for providing a wide range of services, including
medical records, general correspondence reports and forms.
Responsible for handling or directing calls from public or staff in
the best interest of the caller.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Plans
- Life Insurance
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Pay
- And MUCH MORE!
Location: 3010 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
Hours: 37.5 hours a week; Monday-Friday
- Monday & Friday (8:00am-4:30pm)
- Tuesday (8:00am-4:00pm)
- Wednesday (9:00am-5:00pm)
- Thursday (12:00pm-8:00pm)
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience:
- Enters programmatic data into computer.
- Types client records, correspondence and memoranda.
- Serves as receptionist when required.
- Files documents, correspondence, and client related records
- Maintains and keeps records.
- Interprets, as required, if bilingual.
- Promotes efficient office operations.
- Provides secretarial support to the program in general.
- Enters data into various computer programs.
- Compiles reports, data, and other documents as assigned.
- Job Skill Assessment(s) may be required for this role.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Requires a high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate.
- Requires 1 year of general office experience.
- Spanish-speaking a plus.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with
performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working
hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the
Health Department page to get additional information on why you
should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and
to see some of our employees in action, please review this short
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful
completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and
may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is
an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender
identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran
status and other protected characteristics.