Customer Service Representative
Company: AFX Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Customer Service Representative (CSR)
Are you an experienced customer service professional with strong
computer skills and a fast-paced, varied work environment? Do you
work best in a strong, supportive team? Are you seeking a
small/medium-sized, growing company where every employee is valued,
ideas are welcomed, and process improvement is expected?
AFX, Inc. in Waukegan, IL, is seeking a Customer Service
Representative to join their team.
This role will support long term customer retention through
positive management of customer expectations and internal process
coordination that ensures meeting customer expectations for
service. Work proactively and professionally with multiple
departments in order to coordinate and gather all information
needed to fulfill customer requirements.
**This role will work remote to start (onsite training), but
will transition back to an onsite role in their Waukegan office
some time in 2021.
- Review, validate and process customer orders ensuring accuracy
of all steps in the process.
- Review customer's specific order directions and ensure they are
- Ensure that the customer is apprised of any issues affecting
on-time receipt of product.
- Suggest product alternatives as appropriate.
- Understand order-processing requirements of all Sales
Agencies/Reps within your territory.
- Review open and past due orders each day, working with
customers, shipping and credit departments as appropriate.
- Initiate "New Customer" paperwork and work with Credit Manager
and Sales Rep to obtain all necessary information in order to
ensure smooth processing of the account and pending order.
- Initiate Credit Card Orders as well as "Sample Order" and New
Item Set Up requests in Access database.
- Be the point-of-contact for all customer issues providing
professional, courteous and efficient service regarding.
- Support Sales Rep Agencies within assigned territory.
- Understand technical aspects of products and their features and
Post Sale Support:
- Resolve the customer satisfaction issues, and ensure strong
proactive communications with the customer until an issue is
- Assists all Sales Reps in your territory with after sale
problems and solutions:
- Research order/invoice information and coordinate any returns,
replacements or credits.
Experience and Education:
- 3-4 years experience in fast paced customer service or inside
sales within a company that produces or sells durable goods in a
- High School Diploma required.
- Well organized, a logical problem solver with excellent
- You must be able to work in a busy work environment with
multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously in a team oriented
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication
skills, experience with database software/ERP systems, and moderate
- Experience in the Lighting Industry a plus
Keywords: AFX Inc., Waukegan , Customer Service Representative, Other , Waukegan, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!