9-12 EL English Language Arts Newcomer Teacher - Summer School
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* To be present with students during all instructional and
* To provide for English as a Second Language scaffolding and
Native Language Support to students including differentiation and
modification of materials.
* Provide instruction and support to students following a
prescribed newcomer curriculum and curricular materials; implement
instructional routines and learning strategies as outlined in
curriculum and as presented in professional development
* Plan and implement daily lesson plans utilizing summer
newcomer program. Monitor and record student progress; submit daily
* Prepare the assigned classroom to encourage engaged,
collaborative learning. Participate in all program evaluations
including progress monitoring and required assessment(s).
* Follow daily schedule as outlined.
* Communicate with parents as necessary and as required.
* Provide student supervision as required during student arrival
and dismissal times.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
* Any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
* Illinois Professional Educators License, with certification in
Language Arts required
* Bilingual endorsement is required. Teaching experience for the
grade level and
* ESL endorsement is also preferred.
Salary: 5 hours per week based on current hourly wages for
Dates: June 15th through July 16th
Location: Waukegan High School Washington Campus
Qualifications: Teacher Certification, Bilingual Endorsement
Currently scheduled for June 7th through July 16th
7:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
Mandatory Professional Development TBD
Waukegan School District is not responsible for any unforeseen
calendar changes that might be decided by the District
Only online applications will be considered for interviews.
Waukegan Community Unit School District 60 offers employment
without regard to age, gender, race, color, national origin,
religion, marital or military/veteran status, sexual
orientation, pregnancy, parental status, genetics or