The primary purpose of this position is to complete specialty
care referral reviews, coordinate with other health care systems,
track referrals, process medical records and perform chart reviews
according to Joint Commission. Additionally, the position provides
specialized information and assistance for all categories of
beneficiaries involved in the patient referral and authorization
process throughout the delegated 16 State Region catchment
Learn more about this agency
- Scans the Clear Legibility Report (CLR) in to Electronic Health
Record (EHR) and administratively closes consult.
- Ensures Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is protected
in accordance with federal and facility guidelines,
- Ensures Unique Identifier Number (UIN) of referral data in CLR
matches in EHR.
- Notifies ordering providers of CLR via note within EHR
- Manages referral tracking database to ensure completion of
consults and delivery of CLR to ordering provider.
- Utilizes various computer software applications for processing
of specialty care referral reviews, health care system
coordination, tracking referrals, processing medical records, and
- Submits telephone consultations and contacts health care
organizations regarding the TRICARE CLR process.
- Provides specialized information and assistance for all
categories of beneficiaries involved in the patient referral and
- Responsible for requesting CLRs from civilian network rendering
providers when clinically indicated and notified by requesting
- Adheres to a standardized, enterprise-wide approach to track
and account for referrals deferred to the network and right of
first refusals (ROFRs) accepted by FHCC.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:00pm
Telework: Not available.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Contact Representative/PD06128A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
0962 Contact Representative
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job
- Designated and/or random drug testing may be required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to background/security investigation
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all
requirements by the closing date of this announcement,
You may qualify based on your experience and/or education as
- Specialized Experience: You must have one year of specialized
experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade GS-04 in the
normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization.
Examples of specialized experience would typically include, but are
not limited to: Reviewing documents for accuracy, coordination of
administrative duties, tracking or administrative actions and
- Education: Applicants may substitute education for the required
experience. To qualify based on education for this grade level you
must have successfully completed 4 years of education above the
high school level in any field for which high school graduation or
the equivalent is the normal prerequisite.
- Combination: Applicants may also combine education and
experience to qualify at this level. You must have an combination
of specialized experience and education beyond the first 60
You will be rated on the following Competencies for this
- Attention to Detail
- Computer Skills
- Customer Service
- Information Assurance
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including
volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace
Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional;
philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social).
Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and
skills and can provide valuable training and experience that
translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for
all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Note: A full year of work is considered to be 35-40 hours of
work per week. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis
of time actually spent in appropriate activities. Applicants
wishing to receive credit for such experience must indicate clearly
the nature of their duties and responsibilities in each position
and the number of hours a week spent in such employment.
Physical Requirements: In most assignments the work is
sedentary. However, there is walking among clinics within the
facility with some bending, carrying, filing documents, delivering
documents, and administrative task related to the operations of
referral management section.
For more information on these qualification standards, please
visit the United States Office of Personnel Management's website at
A transcript must be submitted with your application if you are
basing all or part of your qualifications on education.
Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S.
Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities,
schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal
employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/.
If you are using foreign education to meet qualification
requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency
with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
For further information, visit: