Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our location in Lake County, IL currently has an opportunity for
a Java Full Stack Software Engineer as part of our NAVICA
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We are looking for a highly skilled programmer with experience
building mobile & web applications in Java. This role will play the
front-end and back-end developer, to build the visible parts of
NAVICA's mobile suite of applications that users see and interact
with, as well as the "under the hood" parts that users don't
interact with. Contribute to new-build as well as planned
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Concepting, creating and building mobile and web-based
applications alongside our graphic design team, and magically
turning them into effective, efficient code.
- Designing user-based interactions through effective front-end
- Developing functional databases, applications and servers to
support our websites on the back end.
- Coding for various platforms to ensure functionality across
- Leading and developing best practices for Full Stack Engineer
- Developing and designing RESTful services and APIs.
- Leveraging authentication and authorizations services to access
backend RESTful services / APIs.
- Troubleshooting issues and problem solving as necessary.
- Keeping current with industry trends and developments that can
be applied to company needs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU'LL BRING
Hands-on technology developer, who can effectively transition
seamlessly between front and backend coding. Developer will require
fluency in creating/enhancing high-performing websites that thrive
on strong architecture, while supplementing with data-driven
applications that optimize site functionality throughout the
lifecycle of each project. Expertise with various programming
frameworks and know how to effectively create website foundations
using back-end applications and database structures will be a
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of Java Development experience
- Strong knowledge of working in Cloud environments
- Strong programming experience
- Strong knowledge of working in Cloud environments (Azure and
AWS) leveraging various web application development and deployment
- Working on Linux O/S, Programming languages such Java, Kotlin,
and NO-SQL databases
- Experience in developing web applications front end using
- Experience working with server technologies
- Experience in API design and development using microservices
- Strong knowledge in development for high performance and secure
application development for large to very large enterprises
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a
strong attention to detail and a head for problem solving.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great
career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with on-boarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life
to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse
opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength
to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and