Company: Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC
Posted on: September 8, 2018
Role System AdministratorLocations: Waukegan, Illinois 60085Duration: 5 Months CTH Recognized as an expert in OpenVMS & Linux/UNIX technologies. Responsible for high-level systems administration, research, planning, design and support of complex enterprise systems. Identifies requirements, builds, tests, deploys and maintains consistent and stable technical operating environment as part of Business & Technology Services. Partners with customers, vendors and other dependent IT domains to ensure successful delivery of business applications and operations.Candidate will spend - 80% of time supporting OpenVMS and -20% of time supporting Linux based platforms. Potential for contract to hire.Responsibilities include:
- Daily operation of OpenVMS & Linux/UNIX based Servers and clusters including monitoring, troubleshooting and break/fix of issues with hardware, operating system, layered software products, and printing.
- Deploy security/bug fixes, patches or upgrades as required to maintain hardware/firmware, operating systems, and layered products
- Conducts proactive capacity planning, performance monitoring, configuration tuning and technology refresh
- Maintain and ensure high-availability on application or server level through clustering or stand-by hosts
- Management of windows servers and applications in support of OpenVMS including HPE Insight Remote Support for monitoring and Availability Manager for troubleshooting and repairing OpenVMS clusters and nodes.
- Management of OpenVMS tape libraries
- Support application development team by answering OpenVMS questions, provide OpenVMS input to development ideas and issues, provide OpenVMS designs to fit application development and support interfaces to manufacturing equipment.
- Support manufacturing engineering by answering OpenVMS questions and designing interfaces to manufacturing equipment
- Support Service Desk Level 2 agents by supporting the Service Desk OpenVMS interface for user account management and answering OpenVMS questions
- Provide technical support for on-site hardware repairs
- Manage the support contracts for OpenVMS hardware, operating system, layered products and/or other software
- Assists in evaluating new requirements and recommends new processes and standards as appropriate
- Designs, builds, tests and administers software and technical platforms to standards
- Effectively identifies user and technical dependencies, identifies risk, and engages other technical domains to define broader solution sets
- Defines build standards and test standards, guidelines, best practices, and produces metrics as directed
- Participate in 24x7 On-Call rotation
- Participate and/or lead technical projects for OpenVMS
- Use call tracking system to respond to customer requested changes, issues, and enhancement requests.
- Follows applicable change management and quality control processes
- Performs incident and problem analysis and resolves escalated technical problems following established guidelines. Responsible for evaluating outages, reviewing impact of supported systems, and troubleshooting incident resolution
- Define standards, guidelines, best practices and metrics.
- Establishes and maintains system specific documentation and operational procedures within the domain
- Manages & reinforces systems security in accordance with industry best practices and company policy
- Disaster recovery planning and testing as required
- Provides technical thought leadership in both business-as-usual and crisis conditions.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned. Working Conditions:Activities require a significant amount of sitting in front of a computer monitor, some standing and walking. Significant use of hands and arms, plus finger dexterity to reach, point, write, type, operate a computer and other office equipment. Performs tasks that regularly require good correctable vision and hand/eye coordination. Activities also require significant use of voice and hearing for discussions with other employees, including remote personnel. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, and Mathematics, Engineering, Business or area of functional responsibility preferred, or equivalent 10+ years of industry work experience
- 7+ years of industry experience in an OpenVMS system management profession
- Experience supporting Redhat Linux on virtualized X86 environments running VMware
- Demonstrated ability to handle technical challenges
- High degree of knowledge on deployed operating systems
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Willingness to take responsibility and gain expertise on new technologies
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization. Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to travel approximately 10%,
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance. - provided by Dice OpenVMS" or "OpenVMS system management" and "UNIX" or "Linux" and "monitoring" or "troubleshoot"
Keywords: Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC, Waukegan , System Administrator--OpenVMS, IT / Software / Systems , Waukegan, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!