Senior Manager, IT Quality Assurance
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Purpose: The Sr Manager, IT Quality Assurance is responsible for
providing quality assurance oversight for software validation
activities. This role will support the strategic direction to
ensure business objectives are met. This position ensures that
defined software validation practices and procedures are being
followed. The Senior Manager, IT Quality Assurance will manage a
team of quality professionals with quality assurance accountability
for regulated IT systems within Information Research/ R&D.
- Manage a team of Quality professionals who assure regulated
applications for a Information Research/ R&D are implemented
and maintained in accordance with AbbVie's System Lifecycle (SLC)
- Ensure software quality assurance is achieved during IT
projects while meeting project objectives and deliverables; review
validation deliverables to ensure consistency with defined
practices and procedures.
- Oversee validation support to project managers regarding
activities supporting existing applications in all phases of the
System Development Life Cycle process.
- Manage the integration of new validation technologies,
processes, and quality assurance practices within an AbbVie
Information Research/ R&D.
- Initiate process improvements to reduce validation costs and
- Defend AbbVie IT practices and system qualification and
validation documentation to Federal and international regulators
during inspections and audits.
- Relationship Management: Establish and maintain high-quality
relationships with all levels across the company and with external
- Responsible for all aspects of people leadership; setting
expectations, coaching, counseling, developing, evaluating,
feedback, hiring, discipline and separations. Confront and resolve
employee issues in a constructive and timely manner. Responsible
for overall morale of team.
- Build a high performing team with depth and breadth of
- Excellent communication skills and able to deal constructively
- Bachelor's Degree with 8 years' experience. Preferably a BS in
Computer Science, Engineering, or another technical
- 8 years of experience in a formal software development
lifecycle with at least 5 years in a GxP software environment.
- 3 years of experience leading teams.
- 3-5 years' experience in a regulated software development /
validation environment, leading software validation efforts or
providing software quality assurance support and managing
- Knowledge of regulations and standards that affect the health
care industry This position is part of AbbVie's Information
Security & Risk Management (ISRM) team. We are here to put our
partners in a position to succeed. We do it by providing the
knowledge, tools, and support they need to effectively use data and
technology while also effectively managing risk.
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Waukegan , Senior Manager, IT Quality Assurance, IT / Software / Systems , Waukegan, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!