IT Sr. Technical Specialist
Company: Horizontal Talent
Posted on: September 23, 2022
- The Sr. IT Specialist will have a client area across multiple
countries, multiple divisions and multiple domains. This position
will lead the offshore and onsite teams from service
- The BSS Run Sr. IT Specialist manages the team and related
delivery activities for Global, Divisional and local
- Leads the partnership of the Run function with BRMs and
Regional IT contacts.
- Provide oversight of business requirements.
- Leverages key strengths from all teams, Abbott and Provider
- Strong experience in Key SAP SD business processes - Pricing,
Intercompany Billing, Shipping, Logistics, Transportation, Order
Fulfillment, and FSCM.
- Experience in EDI integrations with warehouses, TPLs and TPMs.
Knowledge of SAP SD integration with other SAP Modules like FI, MM
- -Experience in handling of Month-end and Year-end close
- Ability to effectively communicate with Business users and work
with offshore teams.
- This role leads all support related activities. This includes
the following: Accountable for end to end support.
- Reports regularly on performance. Monitors service level
- Develops new Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and metrics, as
- Works across stakeholders to gain agreement on new SLAs and /
- These actions ensure that service levels are maintained and
continually improved and that any problems with the day-to-day
delivery of services are minimized.
- Harmonizes and motivates team members.
- Provides oversight and management of the following core job
responsibilities as follows:
- Escalates if provider is unable to meet demand. Plans, executes
and evaluates work to time, cost and quality targets.
- Assesses and evaluates risk.
- Communicates effectively, both formally and
- Demonstrates leadership.
- Facilitates collaboration between stakeholders who have diverse
- Understands the relevance of own area of
responsibility/specialism to the employing organization. Takes
client requirements into account when evaluating
- Manages communication and negotiation with supplier to obtain
required solution design and sizing (hours effort). Takes account
of relevant legislation, compliance requirements, and industry
- Stays current with industry advancements and direction of
- Thinks strategically, leveraging knowledge of domain needs
across Abbott. Is accountable for effective systems operations.
Conducts regular service reviews.
- Manages and audits service provider performance and
productivity relative to SLAs.
- Ensures compliance with Abbott policies, procedures, and
- Interfaces directly with the business including understanding
concerns, defining requirements, engaging the business for testing
as needed and communicating incident status in business terms from
information provided by the support teams.
- Acts as point of contact where input is needed to support
audits or CAPAs. Works with global team to identify
continuity/disaster recovery requirements are in place and assists
in executing disaster recovery tests as needed.
- Reports results of business continuity testing to the
- Manages business and support team, using good communication and
teamwork to ensure collaboration among all IT teams for the good of
- Manages IT process compliance with corporate, divisional and
local policies and procedures. Enforces audit compliance policies
- Degree in IT and/or complimentary business degree.
Work Experience :
- At least 10-13 years of experience in IT, preferably in the
health care industry.
Prior management experience.
- Problem determination (experience in root cause analysis) and
problem resolution skills.
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability
to articulate complex ideas in easy to understand business terms to
- Knowledge of business environment, service requirements and
- Process skills; an understanding of process costs, ability to
work with Service Provider to ensure effective operations and
agreed upon service levels.
- Ability to accomplish results through others particularly by
establishing relationships. Ability to be firm but fair with regard
to operational deliverables.
Keywords: Horizontal Talent, Waukegan , IT Sr. Technical Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Waukegan, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!