Clinical Lab Technical Supervisor
Company: Shield Illinois
Location: Lake Bluff
Posted on: January 13, 2022
SHIELD Illinois is a screening testing program and
infrastructure that deploys the University of Illinoisinnovative
saliva test across the state.We savelives by curbing the spread of
COVID-19, while reducing productivity loss and prioritizing
employee wellbeing. SHIELD Illinois usescutting-edgePCRtechnology
and robotics to deliver fast reliable results to patients.We strive
to have apositiveimpact onpatientslives acrossIllinois by making
complicated testing and long turnaround times a thing of the
*-*-*Please sent resume to
SHIELD Illinois is actively seeking a General Supervisor to assist
with the following duties:The Technical Supervisor role is a CLIA
(Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988 law) designated
title and role specifically for people with over 4 years of
experience in microbiology high complexity and six-months in the
subspecialty of testing. The incumbent of this position will work
with the Laboratory Manager and Team Lead Scientists to process
inactivated samples by adhering to standard operating procedure,
oversee the processing and receiving staff, ensure samples move to
RT- PCR analysis in a timely manner, and uphold a safe and cohesive
work environment for all scientists and support staff. They will
also be partially responsible for managing some clinical lab
documents to prepare for inspections by the regulating bodies.
Please list the duties of the employee. If it is a civil service
position, you must include the percentage of time that the employee
is spending on each duty, adding up to 100%
- Ensure a positive working environment for SHIELD employees on
the responsible shift.
- Ensure a positive employee experience on site.
- Manage the day to day operations and make recommendations
directly to the Laboratory
- Director as well as the Senior Director of Lab Operations.
- Must perform the assay from start to finish as per the
- Must be accessible to Testing Personnel when testing is
performed to provide on-site, telephone
- Electronic consultation to resolve technical problems in
accordance with policies and procedures established either by the
- Responsible for providing day-to-day supervision of
high-complexity testing performance.
- Responsible for monitoring test analyses and specimen
examinations to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic
performance are maintained.
- The Technical Supervisor is responsible for the selection of
the test methodology that is appropriate for the clinical use of
the test results and verification of the test procedures
- Establish the laboratory's test performance characteristics;
including the precision and accuracy of each test and test
- Enroll and participate in an HHS approved proficiency testing
program commensurate with the services offered, if available, or
design a split sample program if not available.
- Establish a Quality Control program appropriate for the testing
performed and establishing the parameters for acceptable levels of
- Ensure the levels of analytic performance are maintained
throughout the entire testing process from the initial receipt of
the specimen, through sample analysis and reporting of test
- Resolving technical problems and ensuring that remedial actions
are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory's
established performance specifications.
- Ensuring that patient test results are not reported until all
corrective actions have been taken and the test system is
- Identify training needs and assure that each individual that
performs tests receives regular in- service training and education
appropriate for the type and complexity of the laboratory services
- Evaluate the competency of all Testing Personnel on the
responsible shift and assure that the staff maintain their
competency to perform test procedures
- Ensure Testing Personnel report test results promptly,
accurately and proficiently.
- Evaluate and document the performance of individuals
responsible for high complexity testing at least semiannually
(thereafter, evaluations must be performed annually) during the
first year the individual tests patient specimens.
EducationRequired:Bachelors Degree in a Chemistry, Physical
Science, Biological Science, Clinical Lab Science or Medical
TechnologyPreferred:Masters or Ph.D. in a Life Science.
Knowledge, Abilities, and ExperienceRequired:
- -4-years lab training or experience in Microbiology High
- -Six-months in the subspecialty of testing.
- -Ability and willingness to lift containers of 50 pounds or
- -Ability and skillset to follow SOPs/EOPs.
- -Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve technical
- -Ability to communicate effectively with staff and leadership
- -Critical thinking skills.
- -Strong documentation skills.
- -Ability to work in a start-up environment.
- -Willingness to be flexible.
- -Ability to help create a positive working environment for
- -Ability to empathize with other employees.
- -Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve technical issues
while communicating effectively with
- your staff and leadership team.
- -Management skills.
- -Willingness to work with others.Preferred:
- -Previous management experience.
- -Previous experience setting up a new lab.
*-*-*Please sent resume to SHIELDILRecruiting@uillinois.edu.*-*-*by
Keywords: Shield Illinois, Waukegan , Clinical Lab Technical Supervisor, IT / Software / Systems , Lake Bluff, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!