In-Park Security Officer- $17/HR- 18+
Company: Six Flags Great America
Posted on: May 19, 2023
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consistent attendance and adherence to the posted schedule is a
- Attend required Human Resources Discovery, Security department
training, and Security in-service training.
- Maintain Park/ Security Department grooming and appearance
standards in accordance with policies.
- Interact with guests, team members, and Park management on a
- Work with a diverse team and cooperate with all team members
and Park management.
- Communicate effectively with guests, team members and Park
management - in person, by phone, and by portable radio.
- Address and resolve guest violations of Park policy according
to department policy.
- Work patrol positions designed to respond to security-related
incidents, emergencies, and calls for assistance:
- Work fixed positions designed to monitor guest and team member
- Work fixed positions designed to monitor ride queues:
- Complete departmental reports and/or required paperwork
according to department policy.
- Assist with cleaning as needed or directed.
- Maintain all job duties and responsibilities in outdoor weather
conditions - regularly exposed to direct sunlight, wet/humid
conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat for extended periods of
- Maintain all job duties and responsibilities independently with
minimal direct supervision.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 18 years of age or older.
- Applicants must possess a valid Driver's License.
- Applicants enrolled in an associates or bachelor's level
criminal justice or related program and/or have previous experience
at a private security job are preferred.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk up to 8 hours at a time and
as many as 12 hours a day.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to speak, understand, read, and write in English
- Must be comfortable using and communicating via phone and
- Must be able to listen/monitor radio communication by earpiece
while simultaneously communicating to guests and team members in
- Must be comfortable using a computer.
- Must be able to work around a metal detector and complete guest
and team member screening according to department policy.
- Must be capable of working in outdoor weather conditions -
regularly exposed to direct sunlight, wet/humid conditions, extreme
cold, and extreme heat for extended periods of time.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the Park.
- Must be flexible to change as job position may change
- Flexible work schedule includes working at night, on weekends,
and during holidays between Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Must possess strong work ethic, the ability to multi-task, and
be able to handle moderate levels of stress.
Keywords: Six Flags Great America, Waukegan , In-Park Security Officer- $17/HR- 18+, Human Resources , Gurnee, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...