Materials Team Leader
Company: Springs Window Fashions
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Perform run-the-business activities through management of
- Monitor and manage department/area daily workload.
- May meet with Production Services and Inventory Control to plan
- Ensure quality, safety and service within department/area.
- May represent department/area on cross-functional teams.
- Participate on other cross-functional teams or work on special
- Manage department/area Quality.
- Develop and maintain area work instructions
- Maintain departmental training matrix
- Manage department/area material yield.
- Implement Lean and cost control initiatives.
- Provide technical expertise in department/area.
- Interact with engineering on new product development.
Manage associate lifecycle.
- Hire and train associates.
- Perform needs assessment for staffing.
- May update job description.
- Complete headcount requisition.
- Interview and select appropriate candidates.
- Schedule/manage new hire training
- Ensure associate performance.
- Complete associate assessment.
- Complete one-on-one review with each associate.
- Make recommendations on associate pay increases.
- Train new associates on assessment.
- Coordinate assessment translation/interpretation
- Complete mid-year check-ins with associates.
- Coaches and mentors associates.
- Monitor errors relating to production, quality, OTD,
Efficiency, etc., on associates.
- Prepare documentation for all verbal and written warnings, up
to final warning.
- Meet with associate to discuss warning.
Manage associate time and attendance.
- Input missed punches, vacation time, attendance bonus, leave of
absence, holiday, and other non- worked hours.
- Check and approve overtime.
- Adjust time entries, as necessary.
- Move time entries to different departments, as necessary.
Maintain clean and safe work environment using 6's standards
- Ensure associates follow established procedures to maintain
work environment in a neat and orderly condition.
- Ensure associates perform minor maintenance on equipment and
- Ensure associates follow safety policies and procedures. Ensure
associates attend regularly-scheduled safety meetings.
- Lead daily huddles and other meetings to ensure smooth flow of
Minimum Education Required:
- High School diploma or equivalent
Minimum Job-Related Experience Required:
- 2 years prior leadership / supervisor experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- May facilitate other groups.
- May train and mentor other associates.
- Use Microsoft Office to prepare charts, graphs and
Ensures quality by:
- Clearly defining and utilizing processes in daily work
- Understanding HWF team structure, roles and
- Integrating process methodology into daily work; TOC, 5S, Q@S
Looking for innovative ways to streamline work processes
- Establishing forums to share best practices
- Using department and company scorecard and other metrics
- Measuring own work to plan and reports out at a micro and macro
- Proven ability to eliminate waste using lean principles
Keywords: Springs Window Fashions, Waukegan , Materials Team Leader, Hospitality & Tourism , Waukegan, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!