Retail Merchandiser - Gift Cards - Gurnee, IL
Company: Blackhawk Network, Inc.
Posted on: May 21, 2023
About Blackhawk Network
Interested in working in the gift card industry? We are hiring experienced Merchandisers to work for Blackhawk Network, one of the World's Largest Gift Card Companies!
Blackhawk Network is one of world's largest gift card and payments company. We represent all major brands and service their gift cards. We have merchandising territories throughout North America with the sole focus of ensuring our gift card fixtures are full, in-stock, and in plan-o-gram order.
We have consistent work throughout the year, servicing numerous retailers in several classes of trade. Feel like part of the team with performance and merit reviews annually, contests, incentive programs where you save up for gift cards and prizes, newsletters, referral programs, and a supportive management team.
Why work for our Blackhawk Network Merchandising Team:
* Great opportunity to build a part time career in merchandising
* You are hired as a PART TIME employee, not a contractor
* Ability to set your own schedule within a week, in most cases
* Day-time work hours - no evenings, weekends or holidays
* Competitive hourly base pay, drive time & paid mileage
* Work with the biggest brands in retail
We are seeking Merchandisers for trhe Blackhawk Network team to service multiple stores in the following assigned market:
Route: Gurnee, IL (including: Crystal Lake, Gurnee, Lake Bluff, Lake Zurich, Mchenry, Mundelein, Round Lake, Vernon Hills, and Waukegan)
The primary focus of this position is merchandising gift card product and various product lines in multiple retailers nationwide. We pack out product, set to plan-o-gram, report out-of-stock, place shelf tags, conduct resets and install new fixtures. We build relationships with Retail Management and provide customer's shopping guidance of our product lines we merchandise.
* Complete all assigned projects within designated territory
* Participate in weekly conference calls
* Complete all call report questions and take pictures with your smartphone or tablet
* Build and develop strong relationships/partnerships with retail store management at each account
* Complete all types of merchandising activities
* Installs (set and build)
* Resets (read and understand Plan-o-grams)
* New item Cut-ins
* Signage Placement
* Conduct out-of-stock reports, inventories and process returns
* Cover stores outside of designated territory on as needed basis and/or vacation coverage
* Ability to use web portal reporting systems from wireless tablet/phone
* Merchandising and/or retail experience
* Hours will vary and may flex up and down during year and certain seasons.
* Able to travel 30-60 miles radius around home market
* Reliable car, proof of valid car insurance, valid driver license and excellent driving record
* Successful completion of background check, drug screen and driving record check
* Must own a smart phone or tablet with minimum 2GB monthly data service plan and phone/tablet needs to be no more than 2 OS versions behind the latest
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to be flexible and work in fast-pace environment
* Strong work ethic, be pro-active and ability to overcome obstacles
* Love Gift Cards!
* Bending, squatting, extending arms upward and downward, standing for long periods at a time
* Lifting and/or transporting boxes up to 30lbs.
* Ability to move fixtures on wheels
* Read and understand directions and instructions on Smart phones or tablets
Blackhawk Network provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Blackhawk Network believes that diversity leads to strength. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Blackhawk Network encourages applicants with previous criminal records to apply to all positions and, pursuant to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Acts (and other "Fair Chance" laws), Blackhawk Network will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. For Philadelphia applicants or jobs, please see a copy of Philadelphia's ordinance on this topic by clicking this link: https://codelibrary.amlegal.com/codes/philadelphia/latest/philadelphia_pa/0-0-0-280104.
About Blackhawk Network
Keywords: Blackhawk Network, Inc., Waukegan , Retail Merchandiser - Gift Cards - Gurnee, IL, Hospitality & Tourism , Gurnee, Illinois
here to apply!