Company: Pearle Vision Gurnee and Buffalo Grove
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionGENERAL FUNCTION:Pearle Vision in Gurnee and
Buffalo Grove IL is hiring an Optician to join our team of
professionals. The basic function of the Optician is to attract and
retain patients by delivering an exceptional patient experience,
foster patient retention, and promote outstanding doctor
satisfaction.WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive pay and generous commission structure
- Medical Insurance and 401k retirement plan
- Vacation and Holiday pay for full-time employees
- Complimentary eyewear once a yearMAJOR DUTIES &
- Drive profitable store sales by fostering a retail selling
culture by practicing through role-playing, and using effective
retail sales skills.
- Develop professional business relationships with other
associates and Doctors.
- Fill ophthalmic eyeglass prescriptions, and fit and adapt
lenses and frames, to include but not limited to the following:
- Utilize optical prescription in conjunction to the patient's
- Recommend specific lenses, and lens coatings to suit patient
- Assist patients in the selection of frames, and coordinate
frames to prescription and patient need.
- Perform appropriate optical related measurements.
- Ensure a quality patient experience through correct pricing,
POS entry, and realistic delivery time quotes.
- Provide appropriate guidance to patients regarding Managed
- Assist the store with being effectively merchandised according
to the Planogram and other Company standards.
- Assist with the timely execution of approved Marketing programs
and initiatives, and the implementation of appropriate signage and
promotions according to company standards.
- Other duties as assigned by Store ManagerKNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Ability to sell through use of sales skills and accountability
for sales results.
- Experience and proven results with a retail or customer service
- Ability to present and implement decisive and creative
solutions to opportunities to grow the business.
- Ability to provide enthusiastic and concise communication to
meet/exceed patient expectations.
- Foster positive and results-oriented associate and doctor
- Attention to detail and follow-up.
- Ability to manage priorities through adaptability and
- Willingness to take calculated risks.
- Experience with personal computers preferred.
- State licensure or certification by a nationally-recognized
opticianry association as an optician.EDUCATION:High school diploma
or equivalent, or comparable experience typically achieved with a
minimum of 1-2 years in a retail environment. The incumbent or
successful candidate must meet the position requirements above in
order to perform the essential functions of this position and
achieve the outcomes/results indicated in this position
description. The Company will make every effort to make reasonable
accommodations upon request to enable qualified individuals with
known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their
job.We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit
discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
Keywords: Pearle Vision Gurnee and Buffalo Grove, Waukegan , Optician, Hospitality & Tourism , Gurnee, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!