Customer Service/Administrative Support
Company: Zeiders Enterprises
Location: Great Lakes
Posted on: November 14, 2021
**As a federal government contractor, all employees will be
required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021.
All candidates must attest to being able to meet this requirement
in order to be considered**
Job Title: Customer Service/Administrative Support
Customer Service/Administrative Support personnel are normally the
first point of contact for a client. They are responsible for
providing basic information, scheduling appointments, and providing
administrative support functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive, screen, and direct callers and walk-in customers to
the appropriate FFSP staff
- Provide general, basic information and referral of customers to
military and community resources, utilizing other FFSP staff for
more in-depth, complicated requests for information.
- Enroll and schedule customers in briefs, workshops, and classes
and individual appointments, when not provided through centralized
- Provide administrative and clerical services
- Provide a variety of administrative and clerical support
functions, e.g., finalizing official correspondence, preparing
military messages, making travel arrangements, distributing mass
mailings, managing files, taking messages for staff
- Ensure that information and referral services provided are
entered and counted in FFSMIS
Provide a variety of Counseling and Advocacy Program administrative
support functions, e.g., preparing and finalizing official
correspondence, data entry, attending and taking minutes at
meetings, scheduling appointments, screening and directing
potentially distraught and/or difficult callers or walk-in clients,
managing files, maintaining referral and community resource
- Knowledge of basic customer service skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and determine priority of
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Possess a general knowledge base of community and military
- Ability to follow directions carefully and understand complex
- Ability to create meeting minutes, prepare correspondence, and
conduct accurate data entry into required data systems
- Knowledge of military lifestyle and military ranks and
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Required Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience working with computers and office automation
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for
own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment;
Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit
the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer
situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer
feedback to improve service ; Responds to requests for service and
assistance; Meets commitments.
Other Skills and Abilities
- This position requires access to U.S. Government facilities and
- S. Citizenship, a valid driver's license, transportation, and
auto insurance are required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies :
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not
blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without
interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others'
ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in
positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification;
Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills;
Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits
work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs;
Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote
quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits
sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for
decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process;
Makes timely decisions.
Physical Demands: Works in office areas. Sits, stands, bends,
lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. Uses personal
computer, telephones, copiers, printers and other office equipment.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10
Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Zeiders Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Zeiders Enterprises, Waukegan , Customer Service/Administrative Support, Hospitality & Tourism , Great Lakes, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!