Staff Nurse - Addictions Treatment & Crisis Care Programs - $5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS
Company: Lake County IL
Posted on: September 22, 2023
Staff Nurse - Addictions Treatment & Crisis Care Programs -
$5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS!General Description
As the largest human service provider in Lake County, we believe
that services must be available without barriers. No residents are
turned away due to the inability to pay. We believe in providing
services in an environment of mutual respect, free of
discrimination or bias. Whether assuring accessible and effective
care, impacting policy, or assessing and monitoring risks, the Lake
County Health Department and Community Health Center has been an
essential part of the public health system in Lake County for 60
years.We are looking for passionate, qualifiedteam members, who can
help make a difference in our agency, and most importantly, in our
As a Staff Nurse in our Addictions Treatment and Crisis Care
Programs,you will be responsible for direct care of clients,
including crisis intervention and triage on admission, participates
in developing treatment plans with clients, provides emergency
assessment for hospitalizations, administers medications, and
reports supply needs to Nursing Coordinator.
Scheduled Hours: 37.5 - 40 hours a week
* Hours per week vary.
* Your shift choice is to be discussed during your interview.
* $2.50 shift differential for working hours deemed eligible for
shift and weekend premium
* We also have PART-TIME openings. Click below to apply!
* PART TIME:
* We also have FLEX/PRN openings. Click below to apply!
* FLEX/PRN: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/lakecountyil
* FLEX/PRN IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THE SIGN-ON BONUS
Starting salary is determined based on candidate
* Acts as triage person for admissions to the program.
* Provides professional nursing care, including administering
medications, according to physician's orders in conformance with
recognized nursing techniques and procedures, established standards
and administrative policies of the department.
* Recognizes and interprets symptoms of clients' conditions,
reports to appropriate personnel and assists with remedial measures
for adverse developments.
* Monitors the collection of urine specimens according to Standard
precautions, if SAP.
* Maintains clinical charts including documentation of
observations, medications treatments; reports on the condition of
clients; observes and corrects, if possible, environmental factors
dealing with comfort and safety.
* Participates as a team member at staff interviews and provides
input regarding the stability of client's physical condition.
* Is responsible for arranging clinic appointments, chest x-rays,
laboratory work and other medication appointments, if ATP/CCP or
* Makes arrangements for medical transfer of patients to other
treatment facilities, as necessary.
* Responds to inquiries, gives appropriate information and
referrals, and documents, as necessary.
* Involved in quality improvement activities on an ongoing
* Takes a personal stake in the success of the program.
* Focuses on client empowerment in providing treatment, seeking to
assist clients to build on strengths in addressing treatment
* Facilitates with clients and collaborates with the treatment team
to develop, review and update treatment goals and referrals both
internally and externally.
* Organizes and participates in treatment-related clinical
conferences and staffing's on assigned clients.
* Provides education and direction to clients, family members
and/or significant others.
* Takes responsibility for training in and documenting clinical
chart requirements to meet program and state standards.
* May assist in the orientation and training of new staff.
Knowledge Skills Abilities and Education Required
* With an Associate's degree, two years in general nursing care is
required, plus one year of experience in chemical dependency is
* With a Bachelor's degree or diploma, one years experience in
general nursing care required, plus one year of experience in
chemical dependency/behavioral health field is preferred.
* Illinois Licensure as a register professional nurse
* Illinois licensure by reciprocity within six months of the
initial date of employment.
* If a recovering person, they must have two years of demonstrated
You can find additional information about the Lake County Health
Department, our culture, and why you should join our team at
As a public health department, we believe in the science, data, and
power of vaccines, like the influenza and COVID-19 vaccines, to
protect against and prevent illness. Therefore, we require all
Health Department staff to receive the primary series of the
COVID-19 vaccine as well as the annual influenza vaccine unless
they have an approved medical or religious exemption.
At this time, you must reside in either Illinois or Wisconsin to
work for the Lake County Health Department. Any offer of employment
is conditioned on the successful completion of a background
screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a
pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender
identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran
status, and other protected characteristics.
Keywords: Lake County IL, Waukegan , Staff Nurse - Addictions Treatment & Crisis Care Programs - $5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS, Healthcare , Waukegan, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!