Psychiatric Nurse - ACT Waukegan - $5,000 Sign On Bonus - Psychiatric
Company: Lake County IL
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Psychiatric Nurse - ACT Waukegan - $5,000 Sign On BonusGeneral
The (Assertive Community Treatment (ACT)program provide Intensive
case management for adults with chronic, severe mental illness. Our
team works to reduce hospitalizations, avoid nursing home
placement, ensure basic needs are met, and maintain engagement in
treatment while promoting harm reduction.
Psychiatric Nurse Key Responsibilities
* Calls in and follows up on medication refills.
* Consults with staff and clients and their families regarding
medical and medication issues.
* Providing consultation to therapists and MDs.
* Reviews lab results and hospital test results.
* Refer clients to other county and state resources as needed.
* Some work is conducted in the field.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Education
* Associate's degree, five years of experience in psychiatric or
behavioral health is required, or
* Bachelor's degree, (1)year of experience in psychiatric or
behavioral health is required, or
* Master's degree and knowledge of psychiatric disorders and
Scheduled Hours: 37.5 hours a week
* Monday-Friday (8:30 am-4:30 pm)
* Provides professional psychiatric nursing care related to
physician's orders in conformance with recognized nursing
techniques and procedures, established standards and administrative
policies of the department.
* Participates in development and implementation of services for
high-risk population in conjunction with other behavioral health
staff and/or as directed by Program Coordinator.
* Provides medication administration and monitoring per MD
* Provides ongoing case management services and follow up on
* Consults with corresponding providers, specialists, hospitals as
necessary for continuity of care
* Educates patients and families on medication administration,
adherence, and side effects.
* Conducts crisis intervention/evaluation/referral to persons who
present themselves at the program.
* Performs initial evaluations and assessments of potential clients
regarding their appropriateness for participation in the
* Facilitates with clients and collaborates with the treatment team
to develop, review and update treatment goals.
* Organizes and participates in treatment-related clinical
conferences and staffings on assigned clients.
* Provides education and direction to clients, family members
and/or significant others, individually or in group settings.
* Takes responsibility for training in and documenting clinical
chart requirements to meet program and state standards.
* Maintains an awareness of and professional
involvement/collaboration with community resources.
As the largest human service provider in Lake County, we believe
that services must be available without barriers. No residents are
turned away due to the inability to pay.We are looking for
passionate, qualifiedteam members, who can help make a difference
in our agency, and most importantly, in our community.
You can find additional information aboutthe Lake County Health
Department,our culture,and why you should join our
As a public health department, we believe in the science, data, and
power of vaccines, like the influenza and COVID-19 vaccines, to
protect against and prevent illness. Therefore,we require all
Health Department staff to receive the primary series of the
COVID-19 vaccine as well as the annual influenza vaccineunless they
have an approved medical or religious exemption.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion
of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include
a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender
identity or gender expression, national origin, disability,
veteranstatus,and other protected characteristics.At this time, you
must reside in either Illinois or Wisconsin to work for the Lake
County Health Department.
Keywords: Lake County IL, Waukegan , Psychiatric Nurse - ACT Waukegan - $5,000 Sign On Bonus - Psychiatric, Healthcare , Waukegan, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!