Psychiatric Nurse CABS $5000 Sign-On Bonus - Psychiatric
Company: Lake County IL
Posted on: March 21, 2023
Psychiatric Nurse CABS $5000 Sign-On BonusGeneral
$5000 Sign-On Bonus!
Our Child & Adolescent Behavioral Health Programprovides outpatient behavioral health services for children and their families, including individual, family, and group therapy; trauma-informed treatment; case management; substance abuse counseling; crisis intervention; and psychiatric services, including medication monitoring. CABS also provides crisis screening for youth at risk of inpatient psychiatric hospitalization.
You will be responsible for the care of high-risk clients and crisis intervention. You will serve as support to the program's psychiatric providers and as a liaison to community agencies and schools. You will participate in the development and/or assessment of psychiatric treatment plans and in the development of services for high-risk populations.
Scheduled Hours: 37.5 hours a week
Monday to Friday (work hours are flexible)
Location can be hybrid: work from home and in office hours
Schedule preferences to be discussed during your interview.
1. Provides professional psychiatric nursing care related to physician's orders in conformance with recognized nursing techniques and procedures, established standards and administrative policies of the department.
2. Participates in development and implementation of services for high-risk population in conjunction with other behavioral health staff and/or as directed by Program Coordinator.
3. Provides ongoing case management services for program clients.
4. Responds to inquiries, gives appropriate information and referrals, and documents, if necessary.
5. Involved in quality improvement activities on an ongoing basis.
6. Conducts crisis intervention/evaluation/referral to persons who present themselves at the program.
7. May provide direct services to clients including individual treatment.
8. Focuses on client empowerment in providing treatment, seeking to assist clients to build on strengths in addressing treatment needs.
9. Facilitates with clients and collaborates with the treatment team to develop, review and update treatment goals and referrals both internally and externally.
10. Organizes and participates in treatment-related clinical conferences and staffings on assigned clients.
11. Provides education and direction to clients, family members and/or significant others.
12. Takes responsibility for training in and documenting clinical chart requirements to meet program and state standards.
13. Participates in staff meetings, in-service trainings, and seminars to facilitate professional growth and maintain licensure if required.
14. Meets minimum productivity expectations.
15. Maintains an awareness of and professional involvement/collaboration with community resources.
16. Medication refills, prior authorizations, school letters, DCFS correspondence
Knowledge Skills Abilities and Education Required
1. With an Associate's degree, five years of experience in psychiatric or behavioral health nursing is required, or
2. With a Bachelor's degree, one year of experience in psychiatric or behavioral health nursing is required, or
3. With a Master's degree, no experience is required.
4. If a recovering person, they must have two years of demonstrated sobriety.
To remain in this position, an individual must possess:
1. Illinois Licensure as a register professional nurse
2. Illinois licensure by reciprocity within six months of the initial date of employment.
You can find additional information about the Lake County Health Department, our culture, and why you should join our team at https://lchdcareers.com.
As a public health department, we believe in the science, data, and power of vaccines, like the influenza and COVID-19 vaccines, to protect against and prevent illness. Therefore, we require all Health Department staff to receive the primary series of the COVID-19 vaccine as well as the annual influenza vaccine unless they have an approved medical or religious exemption.
At this time, you must reside in either Illinois or Wisconsin to work for the Lake County Health Department. Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. At this time, you must reside in either Illinois or Wisconsin to work for the Lake County Health Department.
Psychiatric Nurse CABS $5000 Sign-On BonusGeneral
Keywords: Lake County IL, Waukegan , Psychiatric Nurse CABS $5000 Sign-On Bonus - Psychiatric, Healthcare , Waukegan, Illinois
here to apply!