Pharmacy Tech II
Company: Advocate Aurora Health
Posted on: June 23, 2022
- Dispenses and delivers medications accurately and timely.
Demonstrates competence in department automated dispensing and
storage devices. Trouble shoots dispensing issues.
- Prepares non-sterile and sterile products accurately, timely,
and consistent with USP standards.
- Accurately enters medication orders in the computer system
and/or effectively navigates within the electronic medical record
to facilitate patient care.
- Utilization of automation and technology to maintain equipment
in effective and safe working condition, to efficiently perform job
functions, and to serve as a resource for other pharmacy associates
and nurses who use the technology.
- Addresses customer and team members concerns accurately and
timely. Triages phone calls from customers such as nurses,
physicians, or patients. This includes accurately understanding and
interpreting the issue, timely resolution, or timely hand-off to
another team member as appropriate.
- Assists in training and shares knowledge with pharmacy team
members, residents, and students helping them perform and
accomplish their duties and responsibilities according to policy,
procedures and general standards of pharmacy practice.
- Actively supports and participates in departmental initiatives
including performance improvement activities, department
committees, and/or shared governance activities.
- Complies with legal, regulatory, accreditation standards. This
includes (but is not limited to) controlled substance procedures,
USP procedures and DNV requirements.Licensure, Registration, and/or
- Pharmacy Technician certification (CPhT) issued by the Pharmacy
Technician Certification Board, or
- Pharmacy Technician Certified (CPhT) issued by the National
Healthcare Association.Education Required:
- High School Graduate.Experience Required:
- Typically requires 1 year of experience in a hospital pharmacy
technician position.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Good mathematics skills.
- Attention to details.
- Good communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal
- Basic computer skills.Physical Requirements and Working
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to walk, lift, squat, bend, twist, crawl, kneel, climb,
and reach above shoulders throughout the work day.
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs from floor to chest level; lift
and carry up to 35 lbs at waist height a reasonable distance;
push/pull with 30 lbs of force.This job description indicates the
general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is
not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent.
Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
Keywords: Advocate Aurora Health, Waukegan , Pharmacy Tech II, Healthcare , Barrington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!