Company: The Garlands of Barrington
Posted on: June 21, 2022
The Garlands is offering a $1500 Sign-on Bonus for Full-Time
Overnight Registered Nurses!
Ignite Opportunity Cultivate Possibility Inspire Amazing
Do you believe in the power of teamwork, value the opportunity to
make a difference and have a zest for making a positive impact on
the lives of others? If the answer is YES, then The Garlands of
Barrington is the place for you!
Registered NurseFULL-TIME OVERNIGHTS 7:00 pm to 7:30 am (12 Hour
The Staff Nurse is responsible for providing personal care and
skilled nursing services to each resident; as well as the
supervision of the Certified Nursing Assistants.
- Follows established standards of nursing practice and
implements facility policies and procedures.
- Assists to interpret policies and procedures to nursing
assistants, other related departments, physicians, residents and
- Conducts resident rounds several times during shift to identify
resident needs or care issues and initiates corrective action as
- Observes and supervises all facility infection control
- Identifies safety hazards and initiates corrective action
- Identifies resident problems and emergency situations and
initiates emergency care as necessary.
- Follows, supervises and evaluates implementation of the
Resident Right's protocol.
- Provides respect, privacy and dignity to all residents; does
not enter any resident room inappropriately.
- Listens to resident, family and physician concerns and
initiates corrective actions and communicates concerns to Director
- Consistently works cooperatively with residents, other nursing
staff, physicians, family members, consultant personnel, community
agencies and ancillary service providers.
- Follows facility discharge/transfer procedure and coordinates
discharge/transfer with other departments, physician and ancillary
service providers as necessary.
- Completes documentation related to the resident
- Competently performs both basic and advanced nursing skills as
appropriate under the restrictions of a licensed nurse.
- Completes narcotic counts, checks emergency medication supply
and exchanges keys with incoming Nurse at conclusion of assigned
- Administer all ordered medications, and complete all ordered
treatments as appropriate during your assigned shift.
- Document resident care related to medication administration,
related monitoring, effectiveness of drug therapy and occurrence of
any related side effects.
- Notify physician when necessary of changes in resident
condition, weight, medication errors, unavailable medications, and
adverse side effects of medications, abnormal laboratory or x-ray
results and any other unusual observations related to resident care
- Document daily notes on unstable residents, Medicare residents
and recently admitted residents.
- Assists with orientation of new residents to facility.
- Check meal trays and nourishments to ensure the proper diet is
being served to the residents.
- Assists with the serving of resident meals and encourages
nutrition and hydration during all meal times.
- Performs all duties as assigned in an effective, cooperative,
professional and timely manner.
Performance Standards:CUSTOMER SERVICE & COMMUNICATION
- Demonstrates excellent listening skills and communicates
effectively while conveying patience and understanding.
- Writes clearly and concisely.
- Responds to customers by promptly researching various options
and following through with necessary actions in a timely and
- Treats all customers with dignity and respect and establishes a
trusting relationship with them, while maintaining
- Demonstrates knowledge of The Garlands' entire facility and
directs customers appropriately, according to their needs.
Experience working in acute and/or long-term care environment
- Licensed in the state of Illinois as a Licensed Practical Nurse
or a Registered Nurse.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain current CPR
- Must have an adequate understanding of English and be able to
speak and write it well.
- Must be able to work independently, as well as a team member,
with a positive, pro-active attitude.
- Is flexible and adapts to change and new tasks.
- Follows all policies and procedures of Prairieview at The
- Attends staff meetings, educational programs and resident care
- Must be familiar with the resident rights, the definition of
Resident Abuse, and the reporting protocol of possible Resident
- Must be a flexible, highly customer service and people oriented
individual who demonstrates compassion, patience and understanding,
and is willing to do whatever it takes to provide the highest level
- Must be a team-oriented individual who enjoys working
collaboratively with others, creating a positive and uplifting
environment and communicating very effectively at all levels.
- Must be able to respond quickly and appropriately to an
- Must be able to manually lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to assist in transferring residents who weigh in
excess of 100 lbs.
- Must be able to tolerate long periods of walking, bending and
- Must be able to push customers in wheelchairs frequently for
brief periods of time.
Keywords: The Garlands of Barrington, Waukegan , RN Overnight, Healthcare , Barrington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!