Staff Nurse - CCP/ATP
Company: Lake County IL
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The
Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of
the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our
mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who
live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about
giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are
looking for you!About the Role:Responsible for administering
medications. Responsible for direct care of clients, including
crisis intervention and triage on admission, participates in
developing treatment plans with clients, provides emergency
assessment for hospitalizations, and reports supply needs to
Nursing Coordinator, if applicable to program.Location: 3002 Grand
Ave, Waukegan, ILHours: 20 hours a week
- Tuesday (11:oopm-7:00am)
- Friday (11:00pm-7:00am)
- Saturday and Sunday (7:00pm-7:00am)FLSA STATUS: HourlySkills
- Acts as triage person for admissions to the program.
- Provides professional nursing care, including administering
medications, according to physician's orders in conformance with
recognized nursing techniques and procedures, established standards
and administrative policies of the department.
- Recognizes and interprets symptoms of clients' conditions,
reports to appropriate personnel and assists with remedial measures
for adverse developments.
- Monitors the collection of urine specimens according to
Standard precautions, if SAP.
- Maintains clinical charts including documentation of
observations, medications treatments; reports on the condition of
clients; observes and corrects, if possible, environmental factors
dealing with comfort and safety.
- Participates as a team member at staff interviews and provides
input regarding the stability of client's physical condition.
- Is responsible for arranging clinic appointments, chest x-rays,
laboratory work and other medication appointments, if ATP/CCP or
- Makes arrangements for medical transfer of patients to other
treatment facilities, as necessary, if ATP/CCP or WRS.
- Responds to inquiries, gives appropriate information and
referrals, and documents, if necessary.
- Involved in quality improvement activities on an ongoing
- Takes a personal stake in the success of the program.
- Focuses on client empowerment in providing treatment, seeking
to assist clients to build on strengths in addressing treatment
- Facilitates with clients and collaborates with the treatment
team to develop, review and update treatment goals and referrals
both internally and externally.
- Organizes and participates in treatment-related clinical
conferences and staffing's on assigned clients.
- Provides education and direction to clients, family members
and/or significant others.
- Takes responsibility for training in and documenting clinical
chart requirements to meet program and state standards.
- May assist in the orientation and training of new
staff.Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Associate's degree, two years in general nursing care is
required, plus one year of experience in chemical dependency is
- Bachelor's degree or diploma, one years experience in general
nursing care required, plus one year of experience in chemical
dependency/behavioral health field is
- Illinois Licensure as a register professional nurse (or)
- Illinois licensure by reciprocity within six months of the
initial date of employment.About the Perks:Lake County offers a
competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based
incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a
comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health
Department page to get additional information on why you should
work for us.If you would like to learn more about our community
impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review
this short video.Any offer of employment is conditioned on the
successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol
testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.The Lake
County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without
regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender
identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran
status and other protected characteristics.Required SkillsRequired
Keywords: Lake County IL, Waukegan , Staff Nurse - CCP/ATP, Healthcare , Waukegan, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!