Mental Health Specialist
Company: Allendale Association
Posted on: May 14, 2020
For over 120 years, our mission has been dedicated to helping
children and families overcome the overwhelming impact of severe
emotional and behavior issues and trauma through services and
programs that create opportunities for children to learn, grow and
heal. We are seeking full time,rotating 2nd shift Mental Health
Specialists at our Waukegan, Illinoislocation to work actively
within the unit/cottage to implement individual and group programs
through the care, supervision, monitoring and direction of the
residents encompassing activities related to residents' health,
education and welfare as well as care for the physical environment
and maintain appropriate records. We offer a competitive salary,
excellent benefits, continuous training, and an education
assistance program within an environment that promotes professional
growth and learning. Job Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Services or related field OR5 years
of equivalent experience.
- First Aid/CPR certified within 90 days of employment.
- Must 21 years of age and have a valid Driver's License
- Related experience in the field of social services and/or
mental health desired. Job Responsibilities
- Provides general direction and supervision to residents within
the unit/cottage, including one-on-one attention to assigned
residents, in accordance with the individual unit/cottage programs.
This includes ability to physically restrain acting out residents
per safety and behavior management standards.
- Directly supervise residents in performance of daily chores and
personal hygiene practices.
- Assists in the preparation and/or serving of meals to residents
in the unit/cottage when appropriate to the unit/cottage
- In conjunction with the treatment team, assists in developing,
writing and implementing group and individual treatment plans.
- Administers medications and follows medical procedures for
residents as directed by the Health Services Manager.
- Participates with residents in cottage recreational activities,
as well as other planned recreational programs.
- Works collegially with recreation staff, school staff and
others within the treatment team to ensure quality of care for
- Documents shift activities and maintains appropriate records
including all data needed for Medicaid billing. Completes
appropriate forms and paperwork. Maintains and updates hard copy
and/or computerized files/records.
- Maintains adequate supplies for unit/cottage, reports
maintenance and vehicle repair needs and responds to personal needs
of residents as appropriate (i.e. haircuts, new clothing needs,
- Transports youth to prescribed off-campus activities.
- Participates in unit/cottage team meetings; attends appropriate
staffings and other meetings related to residents, as needed.
- Provides assistance with special projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Job type: Full time
including weekends Location: Waukegan, IL We are an Equal
Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All
employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and
business need. All employment is contingent on an educational,
motor vehicle, and criminal background check. ALLENDALE ASSOCIATION
Connect with us on Facebook ( The Allendale Association), Twitter
and LinkedIn ( Allendale Association) Related search terms: Child
Care, Work with children, Kids, Direct Care, Social Services,
Social Work, Human Services, Children, Family, Behavioral Health,
Mental Health, Crisis Intervention, Psychology, Non-profit,
Children, Family , Kids, Sociology,Mental Health Specialist
Keywords: Allendale Association, Waukegan , Mental Health Specialist, Healthcare , Waukegan, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!