Company: Equipment Depot
Posted on: July 23, 2019
Requisition Number 19-0263 Post Date 7/8/2019 Title Service Manager
- Itasca, IL City Itasca State IL DescriptionOur Itasca team is in
search of a Field Service Manager to support a team of Field
Manages the day-to-day service operations at the local level
(service support team and technicians will report directly to this
individual). Will be required to assemble and lead a
high-performing, customer-focused team. Insures that his/her people
as a team to provide a hassle-free experience for our customers.
Effectively drives change within his/her organization to insure one
consistent way of doing business with other Equipment Depot
locations. Achieves business objectives (as measured by Key
Indicators) by improving the skills and professionalism within our
service operation. Improving the efficiency of his/her service
organization will be a key responsibility.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable
Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Communicates and promotes the Equipment Depot vision and
mission within their team.
- Is a positive role model. Inspires and motivates others to
perform at a higher level. Treats others with respect.
- Ensures that his/her team performs with a positive attitude and
a great sense of urgency in order to exceed customer expectations.
Will earn the trust and respect of people both within and outside
- Insures that service KPI's (relating to efficiency,
productivity, and customer satisfaction) are consistently met.
- Will be required to handle disciplinary issues involving
personnel if/when they occur.
- Works with his/her Operations Manager to develop and implement
short- and long-term strategic plans, objectives and goals for each
location under his/her responsibility, along with a plan of action
about how to achieve them.
- Handles customer requests, concerns, and complaints in a prompt
and professional manner.
- Completes performance reviews as/when required for everyone
within his/her organization.
- Works with his/her Operations Manager to identify trends within
the organization or business environment and develop plans to
- Wage administration for direct reports.
- Provides feedback/recognition for reports in job functions.
- Assists in the recruiting and development of his/her service
organization including training assessments of service support team
- Assists in the implementation and use of the Service Automation
- Present and maintain professional image/manner in performing
- Customer Service - Handles customer questions and complaints,
communicates with customers, handles service problems politely and
efficiently, always available for customers, follows procedure to
solve customer problems, understands company
products and services, and maintains pleasant and professional
- Decision making/Judgment - Recognizes problems and responds,
systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues,
seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes
timely decisions, can make difficult decisions,
uses consensus when possible, and communicates decisions to
- Managing conflict - Listens well, diffuses conflict before it
starts, finds causes of and solutions to problems, handles
- Team leadership - Anticipates and resolves conflicts, turns
team diversity into an advantage, uses unique team talents, defines
processes and goals, and works for consensus.
RequirementsSKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good communication, leadership and team-building skills.
- Proven problem solving ability. Adept at conflict
- Ability to prioritize and manage time sensitive deadlines.
- Basic technical knowledge of industrial equipment. (IC vs.
- Preferably has prior experience in leading a service team.
- Has the ability (or can learn) to interpret and understand
financial statements and budgeting/forecasting.
- Can develop, manage, motivate, and lead a diverse work
- Ability to manage individuals at off-site locations, while
coordinating their roles and activities to meet customer needs and
be in line with the centralized effort.
- Ability to communicate across all functional groups and
geographic locations ("One Equipment Depot" mindset).
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Minimum high school diploma, preferred college education
or equivalent working experience in aftermarket service
Experience: prefer at least 2 years proven hands-on management
Computer Skills: Basic knowledge of computer operation and ability
to use Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel
Other Requirements: Strong organizational, communication, and
conflict resolution skills. Ability to facilitate change. Training
Work environment varies from office to off-site locations We would
also include shop environment
OUR CORE VALUES
Passion to Perform – We are passionate to perform and focus on
Trust to Act – We are empowered to act, and act in a powerful
Act Responsibly – We are responsible for our actions and the
consequences they have for our stakeholders and our environment
Make it Fun! – We are serious about making work fun; it's the way
we do things
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in
furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action,
including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c)
consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: Equipment Depot, Waukegan , Service Manager, Executive , Itasca, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!